GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Monkeys on Parole"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/12/01 at 16:10
Regular
One score of years ago, a great company, in whose symbolic shadow we stand, developed the Nintendo Entertainment System. This momentous decree came as a great beacon of hope to millions of Gamers who had been seared in the flames of withering arcades. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of isolation.

But twenty years later, we must face the tragic fact that the Gamer is still not free. Twenty years later, the manacles of competition and the chains of greed still sadly cripple the life of the Gamer. Twenty years later, the Gamer is still hidden in the corners of British society and finds himself an outcast in his own land. So I have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Gamers dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of Nintendo's creed: "Play It Loud." To play without fear of discrimination.

I have a dream that one day on the white cliffs of Dover, the sons of former fanboys will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my four consoles will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their plastic casing but by the content of their games.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day the county of Hampshire, whose fanboys' lips are presently dripping with the words of insult and ignorance, will be transformed into a situation where little Playstation-owning boys and girls will be able to join hands with little Nintendo-owning boys and girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of Video Entertainment shall be revealed, and all fanboys shall see it together in all consoles.

This is my hope. This is the faith with which I return to the Next Generation. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of ignorance a stone of intelligence. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our gaming divisions into a beautiful symphony of gamer hood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to play together, to struggle together, to go to E3 together, to stand up for videogames together, knowing that all systems will be free one day. Let freedom ring!

And if Britain is to be a great nation this must become true.
So let freedom ring from the prodigious hills of Gran Turismo 2.
Let freedom ring from the mighty levels of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Let freedom ring from the heightening graphics of Diablo 2!
Let freedom ring from the gameplay of Shenmue!
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of the Babes of E3!
But not only that; let freedom ring from the Schools of Tony Hawk!
Let freedom ring from the droids of Perfect Dark!
Let freedom ring from every cheat code and every strategy guide.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring. When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, Sony men and Sega men, fanboys and loyalists, newbies and hardcore gamers, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Gamer spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Please see every console for what it has to offer, not what it seems to lack.

You may of noticed that this has nothing to do with the title; but I had to get your attention somehow.
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:10
Regular
"pob, the originator"
One score of years ago, a great company, in whose symbolic shadow we stand, developed the Nintendo Entertainment System. This momentous decree came as a great beacon of hope to millions of Gamers who had been seared in the flames of withering arcades. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of isolation.

But twenty years later, we must face the tragic fact that the Gamer is still not free. Twenty years later, the manacles of competition and the chains of greed still sadly cripple the life of the Gamer. Twenty years later, the Gamer is still hidden in the corners of British society and finds himself an outcast in his own land. So I have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Gamers dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of Nintendo's creed: "Play It Loud." To play without fear of discrimination.

I have a dream that one day on the white cliffs of Dover, the sons of former fanboys will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my four consoles will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their plastic casing but by the content of their games.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day the county of Hampshire, whose fanboys' lips are presently dripping with the words of insult and ignorance, will be transformed into a situation where little Playstation-owning boys and girls will be able to join hands with little Nintendo-owning boys and girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of Video Entertainment shall be revealed, and all fanboys shall see it together in all consoles.

This is my hope. This is the faith with which I return to the Next Generation. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of ignorance a stone of intelligence. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our gaming divisions into a beautiful symphony of gamer hood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to play together, to struggle together, to go to E3 together, to stand up for videogames together, knowing that all systems will be free one day. Let freedom ring!

And if Britain is to be a great nation this must become true.
So let freedom ring from the prodigious hills of Gran Turismo 2.
Let freedom ring from the mighty levels of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Let freedom ring from the heightening graphics of Diablo 2!
Let freedom ring from the gameplay of Shenmue!
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of the Babes of E3!
But not only that; let freedom ring from the Schools of Tony Hawk!
Let freedom ring from the droids of Perfect Dark!
Let freedom ring from every cheat code and every strategy guide.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring. When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, Sony men and Sega men, fanboys and loyalists, newbies and hardcore gamers, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Gamer spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Please see every console for what it has to offer, not what it seems to lack.

You may of noticed that this has nothing to do with the title; but I had to get your attention somehow.
Wed 19/12/01 at 06:08
That almost brought a tear to my eye.
Wed 19/12/01 at 12:08
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
You're right. It did get my attention. Now I'm sorely disappointed that there's no monkeys on parole - it sounds like a great idea. What were they put in monkey jail for? Were they guilty of their simian crimes? Or was it a primate set-up by those nasty pink-assed baboons?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.