GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[iPod Game] Continuity 2"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Continuity 2'.
Sun 26/06/11 at 18:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Following on from the award-winning Continuity, and still developed by students, Continuity 2 has a lot to live up to.

Now I do not enjoy puzzle games usually, but I was amazed at how much fun this App was. In a basic description, you control a small stick man. Each level, you are given control of various rooms which each have different set of passages on them. The aim is to get as many coins as you can from each room, as well as picking up a red key, which unlocks the red door and ends the level. You must build passages between each room by lining them up with each other in different ways. It requires a lot of thought to plan a route between rooms and to know which room needs to go where, and when.

Your stickman can run right and left, and also jump. The controls are therefore very basic, but the concept is genius. It is acccessible to everyone, and is a game that is easy to learn, but difficult master, a saying which is the label for successful games.

Graphically, the game is very basic, but I don't consider it a problem. Nothing is taken away from the game, and I can't think of a reason to improve the graphics. The music throughout the game fits the style of gameplay, but it can get rather annoying. 4 or 5 different music tracks to accompany the game would've been nice. Level design seems very broad, with each level introducing new obstacles, such as spikes on the surfaces which can't be touched.

Continuity 2 plays to the strengths of a fun and simple game that doesn't try to be something more than it is by keeping the graphics to a certain standard. It is more about the gameplay than the way it looks. It is a brilliant and original concept that works sublimely, and apart from a few minor adjustments, such as extra music tracks, I can't think of many ways it can be bettered.

Having never played the first Continuity, I couldn't possibly comment on how this sequel compares, but I can confidently say it's a great little game which will entertain for some time. It's currently available in the App Store for a mere 59p. It's definitely one worth getting at that price.

Also posted by me at AppGamer.net
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 26/06/11 at 18:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Following on from the award-winning Continuity, and still developed by students, Continuity 2 has a lot to live up to.

Now I do not enjoy puzzle games usually, but I was amazed at how much fun this App was. In a basic description, you control a small stick man. Each level, you are given control of various rooms which each have different set of passages on them. The aim is to get as many coins as you can from each room, as well as picking up a red key, which unlocks the red door and ends the level. You must build passages between each room by lining them up with each other in different ways. It requires a lot of thought to plan a route between rooms and to know which room needs to go where, and when.

Your stickman can run right and left, and also jump. The controls are therefore very basic, but the concept is genius. It is acccessible to everyone, and is a game that is easy to learn, but difficult master, a saying which is the label for successful games.

Graphically, the game is very basic, but I don't consider it a problem. Nothing is taken away from the game, and I can't think of a reason to improve the graphics. The music throughout the game fits the style of gameplay, but it can get rather annoying. 4 or 5 different music tracks to accompany the game would've been nice. Level design seems very broad, with each level introducing new obstacles, such as spikes on the surfaces which can't be touched.

Continuity 2 plays to the strengths of a fun and simple game that doesn't try to be something more than it is by keeping the graphics to a certain standard. It is more about the gameplay than the way it looks. It is a brilliant and original concept that works sublimely, and apart from a few minor adjustments, such as extra music tracks, I can't think of many ways it can be bettered.

Having never played the first Continuity, I couldn't possibly comment on how this sequel compares, but I can confidently say it's a great little game which will entertain for some time. It's currently available in the App Store for a mere 59p. It's definitely one worth getting at that price.

Also posted by me at AppGamer.net

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.