GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Mario Kart Ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:03
Regular
Looking through websites like GAME, HMV and Gamestation (sorry SR) I noticed that in the top pre-order slot for this month was Mario Kart. Now why would a game that hasn’t even been given a release date or any details as to how it plays, be the most pre-ordered game out of the thousands that are out sooner? Is it because of the outstanding gameplay and fun factor of the original three that we already assume that the forth will be as good as the rest. Well Nintendo haven’t let us down yet have they?

I always find when a Nintendo game is due for release some time in the distant future there are never any details or screenshots and Mario Kart is no exception. So here are what I would like to be included in the new Mario Kart and if you would like to include your own ideas then please do.

Firstly and most importantly I would like Nintendo to include an online mode and I hope you can all agree with me. Playing with up to 15 people online would be one of the best gaming experiences to date. You could also chat, trade items, kart parts and other things.

How about some new characters? Mario, Luigi and DK are all fine but what about Samus, Diddy Kong or Fox McCloud? In most racing games now you have unlockable characters. Super Smah Bros. Melee had them so why not Mario Kart?

The ability to build a kart from scratch would be great for those gamers who like a bit of racing strategy included in Mario Kart. Types of wheels, seats, motor and weapon launchers could be changed to suit the environment and player. Talking of building karts, you could also buy upgrades for it like double launchers etc… To gain upgrades you would have to complete normal mode and finish first in the races.

A whole new range of weapons as well as the old ones would be great. I loved the weapons in previous Mario Kart games, whether it was the good old green shell or the new purple spiked shell. New weapons could include a warp pipe where you change places with a racer chosen at random. This would be a big risk for those racers who are 4th or 5th but help last position players a great deal. How about fire flowers? You can shoot a line of fireballs in front of you hitting those racing ahead. Or a barrel which would launch you at amazing speed though the air and into first place. The ideas are endless.

Also weapons only used by specific characters could be obtained. Mario could have his FLUDD, Luigi his vacuum, Samus her gun and DK his coconut launcher each with their own special abilities whether it’s to spray opponents off the edge of the road, suck them up then spit them behind you or blast them and send them flying.

In Tony Hawk games you can create your own skate parks, so why not have the same with Mario Kart. You can choose how many laps, jumps, bends, obstacles and weapons are available. Also with the use of the web you could also download and trade tracks to play later.

This now brings us onto new modes. The ones already included are fun don’t get me wrong but how about some new ones too. Story mode where every character gets his or her own story you must go through and complete, coin mode where you have to collect the most coins on a track in a certain time, online mode (please, please, please Nintendo!) or challenge mode where you can compete in a series of challenges much like Timsplitters 2 has.

Boss races could be included like Diddy Kong Racing where the idea is to either beat the boss in a race around a famous setting or battle them to the end. Bowser in his flying clown thing from Super Mario World and Kroid trying to blast you off the face of the planet might not be bad ideas would they?

To increse the popularity of the Gamecube to Game Boy Advance link up why not release a new Mario Kart advence game where you can link it up to the Cube. Extras would include the ability to download new tracks to your Advance and even new cups and weapons.

Nintendo always include unlockable specials in games now and what better way to end Mario Kart Gamecube than to have the original SNES version or even the Mario Kart 64 games up and running for those of you who can complete the whole thing.

So there you have it. None of these will probably be included in the final game but never say never, as Nintendo have surprised us in the past with even better ideas than ones people think of before the release. If Mario Kart was to just have an online mode as well as a few new modes, I’ll be happy.

Thanks for reading
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You are wanting me to comment on your overuse of the words "God" and "Godly", aren't you?

Well, I wont.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Death Race was Godly - and I was also Godly at it.

And Dark Shadow guy was Godly. And I was Godly with him.

Godly game. And I was Godly at it too. :-D
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ah memories - and mocking my mate who had Extreme G as a cheap substitute :-)
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
N64.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
The Gamecube one?
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I was God of F-Zero X.

God. :-D
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Im going to order Mario Kart for my next GAD win or buy it if I can find about £35 down the back of the sofa.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Foreman wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> Urgh, Diddy Kong boss fights. It took me a month to do that gay
> Octopus, and I still haven't defeated Whizzpig on that bloody space
> level!
>
> Argh!
>
>
> Is that on Mirror Mode or normal?

Normal...

Yes, I suck a Diddy Kong. And racing games for that matter.

Well, apart from Mario Kart anyway. :D
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
"  "
It would be nice if every Nintendo game was featured somehow, whether it's characters or circuits, or something else?
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Microchips wrote:
> Urgh, Diddy Kong boss fights. It took me a month to do that gay
> Octopus, and I still haven't defeated Whizzpig on that bloody space
> level!
>
> Argh!

Is that on Mirror Mode or normal?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.