GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Facebook "like" button."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/11 at 15:55
Regular
Hi all, can anybody tell me how to put a Facebook "like" button on the homepage of my website, using instant pro, I have tried various methods, but cant seem to get there, its probably staring me in the face, but at the moment I cant see the wood for the trees, HHHEEEELLLLPPPP.

Many Thanks in advance, Steve, costacalidatradedirectory.com
Fri 07/09/12 at 08:34
"Are you sure?"
allcrowsareblack wrote:
...Good point too on the code there. I took the code out as it wasn't working. I'll put it back in, that would be a plan.

The FB LIKE button looks ok to me.
Are you still seeing problems or were things sorted when you replaced the code?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 06/09/12 at 20:53
Hi,
Thanks for that. Definately not a master then. Good point too on the code there. I took the code out as it wasn't working. I'll put it back in, that would be a plan.

Thaks for the compliment, much appreciated

Steve
Thu 06/09/12 at 20:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
allcrowsareblack wrote:
Nope. Fail. Damn ;-)

Sorry, let's try that again...

Website in its current state

Hi Steve ... nice site and nice to read about your 'life'.

Can't see a 'like' code anywhere in your home page source though, but I do know that your visitor counter increases for every page visited ... which isn't quite what is expected!
Thu 06/09/12 at 20:24
Nope. Fail. Damn ;-)

Sorry, let's try that again...

Website in its current state
Thu 06/09/12 at 20:20
Hey Hmmm...
Yes, I did follow your instructions. I tend to only post when I've exhaused all the available options. My HTML skills are not that of a master but I don't think I messed anything up, but nobody ever does, do they. There is, however, a recurring error in the java code it seems...

Please do have a look. Really appreciate it

Now if I can get this link code right, that's the first test...

[LINK=http://www.allcrowsareblack.com/LINK]

Steve
Sun 02/09/12 at 20:48
Regular
Worked for me cant remember how but it was following the instructions given hmmm
Wed 29/08/12 at 09:08
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Did you follow the tips I gave in this previous thread about adding a Facebook like button in InstantPro?

I've just looked at Dograt's website and see the 'like button' seems to be up and running.

Can you provide a link for your site in case it helps people see where you may have gone wrong?

Tue 28/08/12 at 19:35
Hi Folks,
I've tried all the things I can find on the forum ontop of the adding Facebook... tutorial but I still can't get a like button that references anything but an error. It seems from the results that 37 other people have done the same thing.

Help please
Wed 22/06/11 at 12:45
"Are you sure?"
Hi, glad it helped :¬)

I'm not a Facebook user so I'm not signed in to FB. But when I click your like button I get a FB window asking me to login - no errors. I've tried IE and FF and they both seem to work?

Do you only see the error when you are already logged in to FB?
Perhaps it's due to you already 'liking' it?

...and what's the error you are seeing? :¬)

Wed 22/06/11 at 11:48
Regular
Hi again, well Ive manage to get a Facebook like button on my homepage, there must be a slight problem, because when you click on the button it comes back with error, then if you go to another page within my site and then go back to the homepage it has worked ok, has, anybody come accross this. Thanks for all your help, it has been most usefull.

Steve.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.