GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WorldPay - forum for help, tips and discussion?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/06/11 at 17:48
"Are you sure?"
I'm a complete newbie with Worldpay.

Just messing about customising things for a new website.
The trouble with the WorldPay website is you can go round and round trying to find something - it's all rather hard work :¬(

Does anyone know of a decent WorldPay forum?
PayPal etc. have one but I haven't found a WorldPay one ATM.

Thanks in advance :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 21/06/11 at 17:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I had a look over the documentation yesterday and it didnt look awfully different to what I remember when I first used it 10+ years ago. You'd think they'd do something about it though, poor documentation surely leads to more support queries.

In fairness though, I dont think they ever pitched themselves as a full solution to ecommerce, just a payment gateway. So they expect you to be working with systems that take care of delivery addresses etc. anyway.

Oh well, at least you know for future reference, if you people want to use worldpay they get charged more. :-)
Tue 21/06/11 at 16:34
"Are you sure?"
Still battling with a WorldPay installation!

Been trying to use WP Support via email - not the best day for this as I can't tell if they're ignoring me or my email's stuck in the (Freeola) system :¬(

Loads of the stuff within WorldPay looks like it's years old - especially the documentation. This is really hard work and needs a really good update/straighten out as it's a complete *monster* to use.

You were right Garin, the only way to get the delivery details is by using a 'callback' and grabbing them from your own website as WP don't save them(!?) or by customising the Merchant emails which isn't straight forward if you are trying to make head or tails out of their documentation! I got there in the end though :¬)

The trick is to edit the file 'messages_en.properties' capturing the fields you want - easy once you've grasped the awkward system!

WorldPay make it easy to request Delivery details by using the 'withDelivery' field:
<input type="hidden" name="withDelivery" value="true" />
Why they then don't bother to make these details available via the website Merchant Interface seems daft to me!?

Customising the Payment 'success' and 'cancellation' pages can all be done but again it isn't the most intuitive thing to do...

I'm only trying to get a simple but slick WorldPay 'Buy Now' button type thing going. With the customer able to specify an alternate delivery address. A bit of logo branding and a home page link or two thrown in :¬)

If I ever get time I might try creating my own 'Quick Start Guide' to allow newbiesthickos! like me to get to grips with things.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 20/06/11 at 16:11
"Are you sure?"
Looks like it might only be the email that customer get though...

WorldPay are looking at things for me at the moment.

Note to self: try to avoid clients that want eCommerce solutions!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 20/06/11 at 15:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
No clue about the WP interface, I've no doubt its totally different to since I last used it. But you can customise the emails to add information you want I think?
Mon 20/06/11 at 15:12
"Are you sure?"
Next WorldPay problem!
Told you I was a complete newbie

I want to request and capture a 'billing' and 'delivery' address - all quite normal I would have thought...

Using a hidden field in the FORM called 'withDelivery' nicely adds an additional section to the WorldPay Payment page requesting Delivery details.

BUT - after completing these and creating a test transaction I can't see the customers 'delivery' details in the WorldPay interface (or the produced emails)?! Only the billing details seem to be available.

Any ideas?

Not sure why this is so tricky... for me

Also an option to click a box to say use billing details for delivery would seem a good idea.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 20/06/11 at 11:17
"Are you sure?"
Talking to WorldPay via Twitter - they liked the idea of a dedicated forum and are passing the suggestion on :¬)

They are currently looking into my 'restricting country' query...

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter

EDIT
WorldPay got back to me and informed me it's 'not' possible to restrict the country list! :¬(

Must be a very common requirement - I've asked them to put it on their future requirements list.
Sun 19/06/11 at 10:18
"Are you sure?"
Thanks - I guess you're right.

I got rid of the currency dropdown by setting the 'currency' to GBP in the FORM. Using 'country/delvCountry' sets things to United Kingdom (which I think it does even without the entries) but still leaves the dropdown.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 19/06/11 at 02:13
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Been a while since I did anything with Worldpay but it seems a pretty obvious thing you want to do. It doesnt look like they support it though. Presumably if you want to restrict purchases in that manner then its up to you to do so before they get to the payment pages.

I assume when you say 'country' has no effect, it sets it but maintains the dropdown so the user is able to change it still?

Anyway, its probably just easier & quicker to contact them, their support was always pretty good with me.
Sat 18/06/11 at 15:00
"Are you sure?"
I see this thread has already had quite a few reads, perhaps I'll post my queries here :¬)

I've been working my way through the issues I'm finding.
It all works - I'm just trying to make a better job of things!

If I want to only sell and deliver to people in the UK is there a way to limit the 'countries' that get displayed in the billing and delivery dropdowns? i.e. Only display UK and not 100's of other countries?

I've been playing with 'delvCountry' and 'Country' FORM options but these don't seem to have any effect unless I use 'fixContact' but that then requires numerous other pre selected items so doesn't work for me.

Where WorldPay have rebranded over the years from WorldPay to RBS WorldPay and back to WorldPay it's a shame their website doesn't show consistent URLs. I find that RBS and non-RBS URLs can work differently in the Test environment!?

Thanks - WorldPay newbie
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 18/06/11 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
I'm pretty sure that people can mention a decent WorldPay forum without breaking any rules - as long as the site doesn't also offer Broadband and Hosting (or chat about computer games)!

I might be wrong
:¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.