GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new GAD info looks great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 15:33
Regular
This is not a polite way of saying that I wantto win GAD. I am no 'suck-up' - excuse my choice of words.

I only want to point out how informtaive the Special Reserve site looks, and now...the new look info added to GAD is fantastic.

Does anyone dissagree?
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:33
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
This is not a polite way of saying that I wantto win GAD. I am no 'suck-up' - excuse my choice of words.

I only want to point out how informtaive the Special Reserve site looks, and now...the new look info added to GAD is fantastic.

Does anyone dissagree?
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:34
Regular
"I confused?"
no
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:37
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Dr nebster crippen wrote:
> no

lol thanks

have a nice weekend
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:38
Regular
"I confused?"
Same to you sir check 0ut my thread about shop keepers and their game cube knowledge
Fri 14/12/01 at 19:18
"possibly impossible"
The new GAD idea is superb and whoever thought it up should get a pat on the back and a big pay rise. So, now we can choose a game or DVD of our choice up to £50 for a chat win, nice. You could get a box set of films like the Nightmare on Elm Street or Scream collections. Great for anyone that wins before christmas and ideal if someone hasn't got a DVD player or doesn't want any new games at the moment, they can choose the other format instead.

One question, does this still mean we can't get software with hardware bundles like the Dance Mat and Dance Stage Euro mix? I sooo want that game, just need to find £30 for it. Still, it's a good bargain anyway I suppose when my local game shop is selling the game for £25 ON ITS OWN!

Anyone wanting a laugh and a great way to lose weight this Christmas, buy it now! It even has a calorie counter for goodness sake, that HAS to be cool!
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:49
It's times like these that I regret selling my Samba De Amigo box set. The lure of £110 for it is nothing compared to the fun that the game brought.
Sat 15/12/01 at 13:05
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Looks like a superb format.

I remember the old days when there was just one game up for grabs every day.

*sits and stares at the wall for a moment as if in a trance*

Oh well, 3 prizes gives me more chances of winning than one!

I better hurry up and win one under this new format, £50 is a high limit!
Sat 15/12/01 at 14:03
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just so you know, you can't actually claim DVD box sets, it says so in the rules. It's all to do with profit margins, stock value and lots of things I don't understand, but no box sets I'm afraid.
Sat 15/12/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Just so you know, you can't actually claim DVD box sets, it says so in the
> rules. It's all to do with profit margins, stock value and lots of things I
> don't understand, but no box sets I'm afraid.

Thanks for pointing that out to us Mr.Snuggly.

In fact...it's quite funny you mentioned that, because I asked Ali a few months after winning my first DVD on GAD, if I could select a box-set, even if it was up to £25 or less. I still coudln't. But then again...at least I don't go empty handed. It's nice enough that you allready let us choose something up to £25. Besdies...most DVD movies nowadays are never over that price. So regardless to the box-sets, we are not really losing out on anything.

I recently asked about the GAD wins for any game of choice, too. I wanted to choose the Time Crisis box-set. After all, it's only £5 more than the game is. I even offered to add the difference and just ask for the game as my prize, but I still couldn't do that.
But...it all worked out for the best. I bought the box-set of Time Crisis through the mail-order at Special Reserve, and chose Silent Hill 2 as my prize. Boy...am I ever glad I did that; SH2 is a special edition 2 disc box-set.
If anyone who likes horror titles and wins on GAD, I strongly recommend choosing this as your prize. For two reasons:
It's one of the more expensive titles for the PS2,
and 2:
It's a fantastic box-set, which includes a limited edition sticker inside - (1 sticker of a set 4 is printed in every box-set).

Once again...thanks for informing us about the GAD rules Mr.Snuggly.

See you around dude,

Shadow Demon
Sun 16/12/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I know I shouldn't say this, especially when considering the amount of company of GAD members reading this post, but to be quite honest...since GAD has been refurbished-more like, I wish that I am the first to win on one of the GAD prize compos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.