GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PROBLEMS WITH ACCESSING SITE ON FREEOLA - please help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/07 at 14:39
Regular
I have used Cute FTP and I have tried many times to get my site up and running but have now deleted all the files I had in the remote pane and started again. I have uploaded my files again and they are all there in the remote pane. There is Index.html, Page 1.html to Page 7.html and they are in the file htdocs/cgi-shl but when I go into freeola and type in my name, I get an error message of 403, index page not found. Why is this? Does anyone know why my site isnt appearing please.
Sun 24/06/07 at 12:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Glad to hear you got it working.
For future reference all you web viewable files should be in the htdocs folder. Only CGI scripts should be in the cgi-shl folder. All files should be named in lower case with no spaces or funny characers, this make is easier to figure out problems. So you should have the main index.html file then page_1.html, page_2.html etc...
Sat 23/06/07 at 20:42
Regular
I have done it at last. I cant figure out what the problem was but now I have a web site.
Thanks
Sat 23/06/07 at 15:04
Regular
Hi
I have now deleted them out of the htdocs/cg-shl file and put them in htdocs file, but still getting error 403 message.
Sat 23/06/07 at 14:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Surely they should be in just htdocs, not htdocs/cgi-shl ?
Sat 23/06/07 at 14:39
Regular
I have used Cute FTP and I have tried many times to get my site up and running but have now deleted all the files I had in the remote pane and started again. I have uploaded my files again and they are all there in the remote pane. There is Index.html, Page 1.html to Page 7.html and they are in the file htdocs/cgi-shl but when I go into freeola and type in my name, I get an error message of 403, index page not found. Why is this? Does anyone know why my site isnt appearing please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.