GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC12 - x!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/06/07 at 20:38
Regular
"fiction - friction"
Once upon a time there was a man … x.
Once upon a time there was a man called Frond who … x.
Once upon a time there was a man who went by the name of Frond, and he lived in an old hut in the middle of an even older forest … x.

(drop the once upon a time - sounds old-fashioned, amateurish)

Frond was a man who lived in an old hut … x.
One morning a man named Frond opened the curtains and was amazed to see … (no) x.
Frond was a strong man, someone who knew where to go and what to do when he got there … x.

(Frond, what sort of name is that!)

A man named Max Mars lived in a spaceship … x.
A man named Maxi Marsman dwelt in a white cube somewhere in the fourth dimension … x!
Maxo Marzipan was an android from the planet Nesker … (oh who the hell cares!)

X.

(forget writing a story about a specific man, start with something more interesting, more wide-ranging, something more evocative) …

In the summer of 1994 a naked brass band known as The Flash-Harrys marched through the village of Tipton playing a jazzy rendition of I‘ve Got A lovely Bunch Of Coconuts - x! x! x! x!
(I give up)

It’s midnight, and as you can plainly see, inspiration has flown away.
Wed 04/07/07 at 07:20
Regular
No, no.. It's a symbol for the bleep sound like in a game show on tv when you get an answer wrong.. So, when you're reading along and you come to the x, in your mind you should go "bleeeeeep, next line."

OR

X is the ding like on a typewriter when you've reached the end of a margin and need to crank the roller to the next line.

Hmmm..
Wed 04/07/07 at 07:09
Regular
I'm thinking to replace X with an expletive? Oh, how intriguing.. :D
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:10
"possibly impossible"
Yes...well...what drug caused this?... :D
Wed 27/06/07 at 12:02
Regular
"not dead"
It made me smile, and that's never a bad thing. ;o)
Sat 23/06/07 at 11:40
Regular
"fiction - friction"
"Original". That must mean it's brilliant! I'd enter another one but, you know, inspiration has flown away...
Fri 22/06/07 at 10:05
Regular
"What's basketball?"
o_O

... Well, it certainly was original...
Thu 21/06/07 at 20:38
Regular
"fiction - friction"
Once upon a time there was a man … x.
Once upon a time there was a man called Frond who … x.
Once upon a time there was a man who went by the name of Frond, and he lived in an old hut in the middle of an even older forest … x.

(drop the once upon a time - sounds old-fashioned, amateurish)

Frond was a man who lived in an old hut … x.
One morning a man named Frond opened the curtains and was amazed to see … (no) x.
Frond was a strong man, someone who knew where to go and what to do when he got there … x.

(Frond, what sort of name is that!)

A man named Max Mars lived in a spaceship … x.
A man named Maxi Marsman dwelt in a white cube somewhere in the fourth dimension … x!
Maxo Marzipan was an android from the planet Nesker … (oh who the hell cares!)

X.

(forget writing a story about a specific man, start with something more interesting, more wide-ranging, something more evocative) …

In the summer of 1994 a naked brass band known as The Flash-Harrys marched through the village of Tipton playing a jazzy rendition of I‘ve Got A lovely Bunch Of Coconuts - x! x! x! x!
(I give up)

It’s midnight, and as you can plainly see, inspiration has flown away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.