GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Backlogs"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/04/11 at 11:04
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I've always considered myself a fairly sensible person when it comes to buying things. By that, what I mean is that I never went out of my way to buy new games until I was finished, or nearly finished with the ones that I had. It was a sensible plan that meant I didn't spend too much and I was rarely bored, a good system, for all intents and purposes.

That...has changed recently. I now have an overwhelming catalogue of both unfinished and unstarted titles that is forever growing as I struggle to catch up with the Backlog of titles that I want to play and want to finish. And the list is hardly short:

Not started: Bayonetta, Yakuza 3, God of War III, Just Cause 2, Penny Arcade Adventures (Episodes 1 and 2), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, NIER, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, Sly Cooper 2, Sly Cooper 3, Dynasty Warriors 7 and with Portal 2 on the way (and with me probably missing a few out of that list)

And the unfinished: Pokemon Black, LittleBigPlanet2, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Dead Rising 2, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Uncharted 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Final Fantasy XIII, The Saboteur, Funky Lab Rat, Hustle Kings, PixelJunk Shooter, Joe Danger, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game...this list goes on

To further compound matters, I have recently purchased PlayStation Plus which gives me access to more free games every month.

In an attempt to deal with the backlog I have *sort of* come up with a plan. Mass Effect 2 will wait until just before the release of Mass Effect 3 to keep me fresh with the story and other things. Just Cause 2 will be started once The Saboteur has been completed to keep 1 sandbox game in my "playlist" at any one time. Hot Pursuit is nearly completed and as such will be given high priority. Sly Coopers 2 and 3 will be completed in order, and once done will be replaced by the Prince of Persia trilogy. It still leaves a lot to do, but it's better than having nothing, I suppose.

So what do you think? Any suggestions on how I whittle down the masses of games that lie before me? Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation, or does the very thought disgust you? Opinions, anyone?
Sun 17/04/11 at 10:46
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
That's a shame, after all, your health is one of the most important things.

I do try to concentrate on one game at a time but sometimes it can just get a bit dull or tedious. And I feel sometimes as if I'm "abandoning" the games that I have yet to finish, in some way, if I don't attempt to play them. If I got out of that mindset, I'd probably get through them quicker.

On the GTAIV note, I've gotten all of the main game's single player trophies, and one or two of the online ones, but I couldn't be bothered attempting to get Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, especially with the potential for it glitching up, too.
Sat 16/04/11 at 02:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I probably, at best, break even when it comes to completing games and new games coming in although I haven't really finished any full games this year yet. Got a number of almost finished games though.

Finishing a long game is quite rewarding personally and then you get to look forward to playing something new, which is good too. I should probably take a few more breaks in the next few days because I've been putting in some hours and I don't think my health is holding up too well. :S
Fri 15/04/11 at 16:32
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Wow, that's a massive collection of games to play, I imagine with a completionist attitude like you have, that will last you an incredible amount of time.
Fri 15/04/11 at 14:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You think you have it bad. I'm currently sitting a list of over 100 games unplayed or unfinished on the 360 alone. I hate to think what the final number is taking all the systems I have into account. :)

I'm currently on a strict regime of older titles. I've already clocked a total game time on 1 game over 200 hours and I've put in some serious time on other games. My most recent game is GTA 4 and I'm currently over 50 hours with that. I've never finished a GTA game (apart from GTA London but that felt like a pretty weak expansion pack), so I'm looking forward to actually finishing one, although with multiplayer achievements, that looks a little distant.

I also start any EA titles straight away just to finish the multiplayer achievements because you never know when they are going to switch the servers off.

I try to stay focused on a certain amount of titles, usually 1 or 2 racing games and 1 or 2 other games. The only problem with that is I've been getting to the point where I'm not getting a lot of payoff achievement wise and I'm not really enjoying things too much.

I suppose, in your case, it depends on what you consider completion and how willing you are to sit down and finish them. Some people think finishing the game once is enough for them. Some want to see it all. I fall into the latter category so I'm trying to complete all 500 challenges on Burnout Paradise and get all the platinums in PGR4. I don't know if I have the skill level but I'm going to keep trying.

I would suggest getting a plan in mind and stick to it because you I don't think you can have 20 unfinished games on the go at one time and enjoy them for what they are. A smaller number and you get enjoy and remember what is going on and how they play.
Fri 15/04/11 at 11:04
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I've always considered myself a fairly sensible person when it comes to buying things. By that, what I mean is that I never went out of my way to buy new games until I was finished, or nearly finished with the ones that I had. It was a sensible plan that meant I didn't spend too much and I was rarely bored, a good system, for all intents and purposes.

That...has changed recently. I now have an overwhelming catalogue of both unfinished and unstarted titles that is forever growing as I struggle to catch up with the Backlog of titles that I want to play and want to finish. And the list is hardly short:

Not started: Bayonetta, Yakuza 3, God of War III, Just Cause 2, Penny Arcade Adventures (Episodes 1 and 2), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, NIER, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, Sly Cooper 2, Sly Cooper 3, Dynasty Warriors 7 and with Portal 2 on the way (and with me probably missing a few out of that list)

And the unfinished: Pokemon Black, LittleBigPlanet2, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Dead Rising 2, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Uncharted 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Final Fantasy XIII, The Saboteur, Funky Lab Rat, Hustle Kings, PixelJunk Shooter, Joe Danger, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game...this list goes on

To further compound matters, I have recently purchased PlayStation Plus which gives me access to more free games every month.

In an attempt to deal with the backlog I have *sort of* come up with a plan. Mass Effect 2 will wait until just before the release of Mass Effect 3 to keep me fresh with the story and other things. Just Cause 2 will be started once The Saboteur has been completed to keep 1 sandbox game in my "playlist" at any one time. Hot Pursuit is nearly completed and as such will be given high priority. Sly Coopers 2 and 3 will be completed in order, and once done will be replaced by the Prince of Persia trilogy. It still leaves a lot to do, but it's better than having nothing, I suppose.

So what do you think? Any suggestions on how I whittle down the masses of games that lie before me? Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation, or does the very thought disgust you? Opinions, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.