GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninja Baby (iPhone Game) review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninja Baby'.
Tue 08/03/11 at 00:33
"The Videogame King"
I stumbled upon the lite version of this game in the app store one day and decided that it was a very fun game. One day, the full version became free for a limited time, so I downloaded it and deleted the lite version. To this day I still love that game and I play it all the time.

Objectives

You have to jump, kick and sword kick to get the fruits and Teddy bears and cut up the bad fruits and boxes (you can't touch the boxes with the yellow arrow without losing a life unless you are using a ninja joker). You can also collect ninja jokers, which will give your baby a ninja costume and you will only have to jump, when you touch something you aren't supposed to, the baby will kick automatically (the kick gives you the highest amount of points). There is also a guy who comes on screen every once and a while who evil laughs and throws a bomb at you, you have to jump to avoid it. If you miss or cut up a Teddy bear, touch a bomb, or touch a yellow box without using a ninja joker, you will lose a life. Each level ends after two minutes.

Easy Modus

The easy Modus is the same as the ninja Modus except that the baby is a ninja all the time so all you have to do (and all you can do) is jump. I like the ninja Modus better most of the time but I will play the easy Modus sometimes, like if the ninja Modus is too hard. My goal is to make it up to level ten because I have reason to believe it is the last level.

Ninja Modus

You have to control all of baby ninja's movements and trigger the ninja joker manually. Their are 4 different attacks you can do.

Graphics and Sound

The graphics are a little choppy but that hardly cuts away from the addictiveness of the game. The music during the game sounds kind of like an upbeat downtempo chill out song, and it gets a little faster every time you advance a level. The music when the level is loading after you click on the baby is more like a trance/techno song. The music before that when you have to click on the baby is more like a jazz or Breakbeat song, and the main menu music is the best i can describe a tough-sounding downtempo Breakbeat song.

Narrator

There is a female "narrator" that sounds Chinese or Japanese and announces whenever you get a "high round sword kick bonus" or "double round sword kick bonus", among others.

OpenFeint

Like many iPhone games, Baby Ninja features an online multiplayer service called OpenFeint. It features leaderboards, achievements and other features. I have not registered into OpenFeint yet (at least not in baby ninja anyway, I don't think I registered on any other games either except for maybe LightBike 2).

My Overall Thoughts

A fun game and I am glad the full version was free for a limited time. A fun and funny game because the baby also makes baby noises. Bottom line: it's a pretty cool game.

9/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 19:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
SimGuy99 wrote:
Thank you, I'm still not sure if I'm done yet ;D

Keep 'em coming!
Tue 08/03/11 at 19:16
"The Videogame King"
Thank you, I'm still not sure if I'm done yet ;D
Tue 08/03/11 at 18:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nice review Simguy :)
Tue 08/03/11 at 00:33
"The Videogame King"
I stumbled upon the lite version of this game in the app store one day and decided that it was a very fun game. One day, the full version became free for a limited time, so I downloaded it and deleted the lite version. To this day I still love that game and I play it all the time.

Objectives

You have to jump, kick and sword kick to get the fruits and Teddy bears and cut up the bad fruits and boxes (you can't touch the boxes with the yellow arrow without losing a life unless you are using a ninja joker). You can also collect ninja jokers, which will give your baby a ninja costume and you will only have to jump, when you touch something you aren't supposed to, the baby will kick automatically (the kick gives you the highest amount of points). There is also a guy who comes on screen every once and a while who evil laughs and throws a bomb at you, you have to jump to avoid it. If you miss or cut up a Teddy bear, touch a bomb, or touch a yellow box without using a ninja joker, you will lose a life. Each level ends after two minutes.

Easy Modus

The easy Modus is the same as the ninja Modus except that the baby is a ninja all the time so all you have to do (and all you can do) is jump. I like the ninja Modus better most of the time but I will play the easy Modus sometimes, like if the ninja Modus is too hard. My goal is to make it up to level ten because I have reason to believe it is the last level.

Ninja Modus

You have to control all of baby ninja's movements and trigger the ninja joker manually. Their are 4 different attacks you can do.

Graphics and Sound

The graphics are a little choppy but that hardly cuts away from the addictiveness of the game. The music during the game sounds kind of like an upbeat downtempo chill out song, and it gets a little faster every time you advance a level. The music when the level is loading after you click on the baby is more like a trance/techno song. The music before that when you have to click on the baby is more like a jazz or Breakbeat song, and the main menu music is the best i can describe a tough-sounding downtempo Breakbeat song.

Narrator

There is a female "narrator" that sounds Chinese or Japanese and announces whenever you get a "high round sword kick bonus" or "double round sword kick bonus", among others.

OpenFeint

Like many iPhone games, Baby Ninja features an online multiplayer service called OpenFeint. It features leaderboards, achievements and other features. I have not registered into OpenFeint yet (at least not in baby ninja anyway, I don't think I registered on any other games either except for maybe LightBike 2).

My Overall Thoughts

A fun game and I am glad the full version was free for a limited time. A fun and funny game because the baby also makes baby noises. Bottom line: it's a pretty cool game.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.