GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story: A Christmas Tale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 12:10
Regular
I warn you, this is not going to be that good, as it was done out of sheer boredom - plus, I thought this plot out at school!

"There was once a tale of a great hybrid in the mist holding back, preventing that most festive of events. Many were oblivious to why the season was not jolly, but those who knew, kept stum. 3 brave men were sent to battle the evils that manifested themselves. They possess guile, strength and power - these men were our last hope."

A picture book turns the page and a hand rips the page out.

"But that's not going to happen now is it?" says Grix.

Grix walks out of his wooden dwelling, to expect snow cascading onto his roof.

"Mmm, strange. Oh well..."

Grix continues to walk on through the small town. He passes a sign that reads "Welcome to Snowville". He walks past Snowblow Point.

"Nothing here either eh?"

Grix continues to walk until he bumps into a familiar face.

"Hello Rasta of Skank, how are you?"

"Fine, Grix of Thraves. Funny day today isn't it?" says Rasta.

"There's something missing, but I can't put my finger on it..."

"Something white Grix, something fluffy - hint, hint!"

"The Michelin man!?"

"No, no! It's soft and only comes at christmas..."

"Radioactive reindeer poop?"

"For god's sake - it's snow!!!"

"Oh, why didn't you say anything?"

"We need to catch up, I haven't seen you for ages."

Rasta and Grix continue walking throughout the town until the bump into another familiar figure.

"Hello Stryke of Bucks" says Grix.

"Yes, afternoon Stryke" says Rasta.

"Hello friends" replies Stryke.

"We need to catch up - walk with us..." states Grix.

The trio walk...and walk...and walk, talking about the collapse of economy on the Isle Of Man, towels and the internet.

"...yes, they should drop an A-Bomb on them, I wholeheartedly agree!" says Grix.

"Onto bigger things. Stryke, we need your help. Something has happened to Snowville, it's just not what it used to be - there's no snow! I was told this tale when I was a child that up in the hills, there is a hybrid that threatens to wipe the Christmas spirit from Snowville forever. Will you help us?" says Rasta.

"Um, yeah, sure" says Stryke.

"Great, let's get going!" states Rasta.

"Rasta, don't we need a map or something?" asks Grix.

"Oh right, I have just the thing" announces Rasta.

Rasta pulls out a large piece of paper and some crayons. He draws a map.

"Ok..." says Stryke.

"Let us begin. We have a lot of ground to cover...and less time to do it in!" announces Rasta.

The trio look up and see a large hill, that is where their destiny is held. They must go there - or Snowville will be condemned forever. The three begin walking up the hill...

Three hours later...

Rasta, Stryke and Grix finally get to the peak of the hill, after 180 minute of climbing, losing 18lbs of sweat, and climbing over 100 feet, they are there... A sign says "Do not enter - evils lurk inside!"

"That's just to scare us, come on!" proclaims Rasta

They continue and walk into the darkness. An almighty crash is heard and everything becomes light.

"This place has a lightswitch!?" says Grix, surprised.

"Haha - look, it's the hybrid!" chuckles Stryke.

A sign post says "The Hybrid" and is pointing to a tree, with one leaf left on it.

"So, what do you think we have do?" aska Rasta.

"Pull that leaf off!" states Grix.

Rasta walks over to it and tugs at the leaf - it doesn't come loose. Grix, with a massive grin on his face tugs at it - it doesn't come loose. Stryke then has a go - it doesn't come loose.

"Ok, let's all try and pull it off at once..." announces Rasta.

They all grab a part of the leaf and pull - the leaf falls off.

"We did it - so what now?" asks Stryke.

"Look out the window!" says Grix.

Through the window, snow can be seen falling and a strange figure in red is sleighing over a house, with reindeers attached to the sleigh.

"We did it - we saved Christmas!"

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
I warn you, this is not going to be that good, as it was done out of sheer boredom - plus, I thought this plot out at school!

"There was once a tale of a great hybrid in the mist holding back, preventing that most festive of events. Many were oblivious to why the season was not jolly, but those who knew, kept stum. 3 brave men were sent to battle the evils that manifested themselves. They possess guile, strength and power - these men were our last hope."

A picture book turns the page and a hand rips the page out.

"But that's not going to happen now is it?" says Grix.

Grix walks out of his wooden dwelling, to expect snow cascading onto his roof.

"Mmm, strange. Oh well..."

Grix continues to walk on through the small town. He passes a sign that reads "Welcome to Snowville". He walks past Snowblow Point.

"Nothing here either eh?"

Grix continues to walk until he bumps into a familiar face.

"Hello Rasta of Skank, how are you?"

"Fine, Grix of Thraves. Funny day today isn't it?" says Rasta.

"There's something missing, but I can't put my finger on it..."

"Something white Grix, something fluffy - hint, hint!"

"The Michelin man!?"

"No, no! It's soft and only comes at christmas..."

"Radioactive reindeer poop?"

"For god's sake - it's snow!!!"

"Oh, why didn't you say anything?"

"We need to catch up, I haven't seen you for ages."

Rasta and Grix continue walking throughout the town until the bump into another familiar figure.

"Hello Stryke of Bucks" says Grix.

"Yes, afternoon Stryke" says Rasta.

"Hello friends" replies Stryke.

"We need to catch up - walk with us..." states Grix.

The trio walk...and walk...and walk, talking about the collapse of economy on the Isle Of Man, towels and the internet.

"...yes, they should drop an A-Bomb on them, I wholeheartedly agree!" says Grix.

"Onto bigger things. Stryke, we need your help. Something has happened to Snowville, it's just not what it used to be - there's no snow! I was told this tale when I was a child that up in the hills, there is a hybrid that threatens to wipe the Christmas spirit from Snowville forever. Will you help us?" says Rasta.

"Um, yeah, sure" says Stryke.

"Great, let's get going!" states Rasta.

"Rasta, don't we need a map or something?" asks Grix.

"Oh right, I have just the thing" announces Rasta.

Rasta pulls out a large piece of paper and some crayons. He draws a map.

"Ok..." says Stryke.

"Let us begin. We have a lot of ground to cover...and less time to do it in!" announces Rasta.

The trio look up and see a large hill, that is where their destiny is held. They must go there - or Snowville will be condemned forever. The three begin walking up the hill...

Three hours later...

Rasta, Stryke and Grix finally get to the peak of the hill, after 180 minute of climbing, losing 18lbs of sweat, and climbing over 100 feet, they are there... A sign says "Do not enter - evils lurk inside!"

"That's just to scare us, come on!" proclaims Rasta

They continue and walk into the darkness. An almighty crash is heard and everything becomes light.

"This place has a lightswitch!?" says Grix, surprised.

"Haha - look, it's the hybrid!" chuckles Stryke.

A sign post says "The Hybrid" and is pointing to a tree, with one leaf left on it.

"So, what do you think we have do?" aska Rasta.

"Pull that leaf off!" states Grix.

Rasta walks over to it and tugs at the leaf - it doesn't come loose. Grix, with a massive grin on his face tugs at it - it doesn't come loose. Stryke then has a go - it doesn't come loose.

"Ok, let's all try and pull it off at once..." announces Rasta.

They all grab a part of the leaf and pull - the leaf falls off.

"We did it - so what now?" asks Stryke.

"Look out the window!" says Grix.

Through the window, snow can be seen falling and a strange figure in red is sleighing over a house, with reindeers attached to the sleigh.

"We did it - we saved Christmas!"

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.