GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FlatOut 2 review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FlatOut 2'.
Tue 01/02/11 at 15:01
"The Videogame King"
This is without a doubt the funnest game I have yet. I especially love the demolition derby mode. Any game with a demolition derby mode or a demolition derby-style aspect of gameplay is my type of game. The funniest part about this game is the mini-games that consist of stone skipping, along with eleven others, that involve the drive being launched out of the car at incredible height and speed. This game is very similar to the burnout games because of it's plotline of rewarding dirty driving, the different types of crashes, even the title of the game sounds similar, except for the fact that FlatOut 2's selection of vehicles consists mostly of off-road vehicles. I will admit, at first, it was hard to perform even a smash at first. But I bought new cars bought some upgrades and it got easier. It was hard at first to perform takedowns in Burnout 3 too. there are also awards presented to somebody at the end of each race: blast master (for causing the most damage to opponents), best wrecker (for performing the best crash), fastest lap (for racing the fastest lap), and bulldozer (for wrecking the most objects and scenery). You are able to win multiple awards if not all of them. Driving is pretty easy for the most part, winning is hard.

Graphics

Graphics are probably about the best they can be. Plenty of external damage and just plain great graphics.

10/10

Music

Once I've had a game for a while, I always find my favorite songs
Among the library. These are my favorite songs in FlatOut 2:

"Nowhere Ride" by The Chelsea Smiles
"Mercy Me" by Alkaline Trio
"Feel So Numb" by Rob Zombie
"Demon Speeding" by Rob Zombie

Would I recommend this game?

Yes! Absolutely yes! If you like off-road vehicles involved in demolition derby-style combat you can't do much better than this, except of coarse for the Burnout games.
Sat 19/02/11 at 04:16
"The Videogame King"
This game is still at the top of my favorite games that I have list even though I don't play on my PS3 much anymore now that I have an iPod Touch.
Tue 01/02/11 at 15:31
"The Videogame King"
Thank you :)
Tue 01/02/11 at 15:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
Getting better Simguy :) Glad to see some good submissions from you, keep it up :)
Tue 01/02/11 at 15:01
"The Videogame King"
This is without a doubt the funnest game I have yet. I especially love the demolition derby mode. Any game with a demolition derby mode or a demolition derby-style aspect of gameplay is my type of game. The funniest part about this game is the mini-games that consist of stone skipping, along with eleven others, that involve the drive being launched out of the car at incredible height and speed. This game is very similar to the burnout games because of it's plotline of rewarding dirty driving, the different types of crashes, even the title of the game sounds similar, except for the fact that FlatOut 2's selection of vehicles consists mostly of off-road vehicles. I will admit, at first, it was hard to perform even a smash at first. But I bought new cars bought some upgrades and it got easier. It was hard at first to perform takedowns in Burnout 3 too. there are also awards presented to somebody at the end of each race: blast master (for causing the most damage to opponents), best wrecker (for performing the best crash), fastest lap (for racing the fastest lap), and bulldozer (for wrecking the most objects and scenery). You are able to win multiple awards if not all of them. Driving is pretty easy for the most part, winning is hard.

Graphics

Graphics are probably about the best they can be. Plenty of external damage and just plain great graphics.

10/10

Music

Once I've had a game for a while, I always find my favorite songs
Among the library. These are my favorite songs in FlatOut 2:

"Nowhere Ride" by The Chelsea Smiles
"Mercy Me" by Alkaline Trio
"Feel So Numb" by Rob Zombie
"Demon Speeding" by Rob Zombie

Would I recommend this game?

Yes! Absolutely yes! If you like off-road vehicles involved in demolition derby-style combat you can't do much better than this, except of coarse for the Burnout games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.