GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stars to Wii Points a step closer?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/07 at 11:39
"possibly impossible"
Nintendo have sent all the members of their online service an email regarding the new privacy policy. In it they mention that the Stars points will expire after 24 months, which is pretty bad for anyone saving them up over time, but the good news is that Nintendo confirm that they are close to getting the stars to wii points sorted out...

"...Also note that when you continue your Nintendo membership, from now on your Stars will automatically expire 24 months after they were added to your profile. Stars you have earned before the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions expire 12 months after the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions, which will not occur until June 1, 2008

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in videogaming together with us!"

So, good news. Let's hope it's sorted out soon and that the exchange rate is a good one.
Mon 06/08/07 at 20:54
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well that's all fine and good, but it does mean that the stars catalogue needs to be updated at least once a year with things that people actually want and at a suitable quantity so that there's enough to go round and at a reasonable price, otherwise the whole points system is pointless.

If the items in the catalogue aren't priced reasonably, people's stars/points will expire before they get a chance to use them.
Mon 06/08/07 at 18:22
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I'm not against the idea of using stars for Wii downloads. My gripe is the forcing of my hand to use them on whatever crap happens to be available, whether I want it or not.
Mon 06/08/07 at 13:09
Regular
Oh well, some people are content with the new swap system rather then letting their stars rot in their account.
Mon 06/08/07 at 07:28
Regular
"Author of Pain"
It has more value than 20 year old NES titles.
Sun 05/08/07 at 23:17
Regular
Because Age of Empires DS is SO desirable.
Sun 05/08/07 at 21:44
Regular
"Author of Pain"
What balls. I've saved for years in the hope of getting a free game in the few seconds before they sell out. Now I'll have to spend them all on megadrive titles and phone wallpapers.

Talk about screwing the faithful.
Sat 16/06/07 at 19:11
"cheerios"
It's about bloody time, I've got 8000 points sitting there waiting to be used. When do you think it will be up and running?

Also what are the extra quesitonnaires etc that can earn you more stars? I've heard about them but never seen them!
Fri 15/06/07 at 13:30
Regular
Point for point XD
Fri 15/06/07 at 11:39
"possibly impossible"
Nintendo have sent all the members of their online service an email regarding the new privacy policy. In it they mention that the Stars points will expire after 24 months, which is pretty bad for anyone saving them up over time, but the good news is that Nintendo confirm that they are close to getting the stars to wii points sorted out...

"...Also note that when you continue your Nintendo membership, from now on your Stars will automatically expire 24 months after they were added to your profile. Stars you have earned before the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions expire 12 months after the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions, which will not occur until June 1, 2008

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in videogaming together with us!"

So, good news. Let's hope it's sorted out soon and that the exchange rate is a good one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.