GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Smuggler's Run' review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Smuggler's Run'.
Sat 29/01/11 at 00:40
"The Videogame King"
You play as a character who is a member of a team that smuggles illegal cargo across the border, sometimes with help from teammates. Their are several different vehicles in the joy ride mode and probably the other arcade mode(s) too but for right now all I get is the buggy and the S.U.V. I haven't made it past the first area yet, so maybe that's how I unlock all the vehicles. The main obstacles in the game are the bumpy terrain and those annoying and relentless border patrol vehicles, I mean without them it would be too easy but it really annoys me always being flipped over and hit by them constantly. Probably the funniest part of the game is the ability to run over people and animals, whereas other games I have (such as Midnight Club: Los Angeles) only jerk the pedestrians to the side when I make contact with them. Most of the time you don't actually run over them, they fly in the air when you hit them. If you are in the first area you will see llamas, deer and bears (probably among others) as you drive away from the city, but most of the time I only focus on running over them when I'm in joyride mode. It's a fun game, but the graphics aren't the best (see below).

Graphics:

I probably give the graphics a 4/10. Mostly all I can say is that they are not bad, but their not good either. If you are fans of games with external damage (dents, doors knocked off, body crunched up, etc.), I should let you know that you will not get any dents or dings, just basic stuff like spare tires and trunks falling off. Both Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Smuggler's Run are from the Rockstar video game company, but Smuggler's Run was made back in 2002 if I recall correctly. I won't say that the graphics are good for back then because I also have Stuntman which was also made in 2002 but has much better graphics compared to Smuggler's Run.

Dislikes

Mainly my only dislike about this game is the graphics (see above).

Would i get this game for iPod touch?

If the full fame came out for free on the iPod touch I probably wouldn't download it. Their are some games I have for my PS3 that I would get for the iPod Touch if they were in the app store but Smuggler's Run just isn't something I would waste my storage space on.

Would I recommend this game?

I guess I would if you were okay with average graphics but if you, like me, are someone who enjoys the best videogame experiences I wouldn't recommend this game. But I would recommend Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
Sat 29/01/11 at 17:48
"The Videogame King"
I did do a FlatOut 2 review on my iPod Touch but the Wi-Fi connection I was on did something and I lost it.
Sat 29/01/11 at 16:30
"The Videogame King"
Thank you for your help
Sat 29/01/11 at 09:43
Regular
"How Ironic"
This is more like it :)
Sat 29/01/11 at 00:40
"The Videogame King"
You play as a character who is a member of a team that smuggles illegal cargo across the border, sometimes with help from teammates. Their are several different vehicles in the joy ride mode and probably the other arcade mode(s) too but for right now all I get is the buggy and the S.U.V. I haven't made it past the first area yet, so maybe that's how I unlock all the vehicles. The main obstacles in the game are the bumpy terrain and those annoying and relentless border patrol vehicles, I mean without them it would be too easy but it really annoys me always being flipped over and hit by them constantly. Probably the funniest part of the game is the ability to run over people and animals, whereas other games I have (such as Midnight Club: Los Angeles) only jerk the pedestrians to the side when I make contact with them. Most of the time you don't actually run over them, they fly in the air when you hit them. If you are in the first area you will see llamas, deer and bears (probably among others) as you drive away from the city, but most of the time I only focus on running over them when I'm in joyride mode. It's a fun game, but the graphics aren't the best (see below).

Graphics:

I probably give the graphics a 4/10. Mostly all I can say is that they are not bad, but their not good either. If you are fans of games with external damage (dents, doors knocked off, body crunched up, etc.), I should let you know that you will not get any dents or dings, just basic stuff like spare tires and trunks falling off. Both Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Smuggler's Run are from the Rockstar video game company, but Smuggler's Run was made back in 2002 if I recall correctly. I won't say that the graphics are good for back then because I also have Stuntman which was also made in 2002 but has much better graphics compared to Smuggler's Run.

Dislikes

Mainly my only dislike about this game is the graphics (see above).

Would i get this game for iPod touch?

If the full fame came out for free on the iPod touch I probably wouldn't download it. Their are some games I have for my PS3 that I would get for the iPod Touch if they were in the app store but Smuggler's Run just isn't something I would waste my storage space on.

Would I recommend this game?

I guess I would if you were okay with average graphics but if you, like me, are someone who enjoys the best videogame experiences I wouldn't recommend this game. But I would recommend Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.