GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some Good News (Maybe) For All Burnouter's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2: Point of Impact'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:58
Regular
Just read on IGN that the U.S are getting Burnout 2: Point Of Impact on April 8th instead of the original date of May 2nd. That's one month early!

Now, the release date for Europe is 16th May, so surely we should get it a month early too but two weeks after the U.S? Or not?

I know many of you are looking forward to this game so hopefully this is good news, even though it may get in the way of the already amazing titles we are playing at the moment. Shouldn't get in the way of Zelda now though if all go's good.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:38
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Cool, the only title i want for the GC really badly is ever nearer
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:32
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> The second looks fantastic and is sure to have alot mroe depth then
> the first which didn't last too long did it.

I take it you didn't do all the tracks in survival mode then? (I did :^S )

Still, the challenge didn't last long, but it was still a great game to pick up and play. And still is.

> But what I'm wondering is why the date has been moved earlier in the
> States and probably here. Could they of been thinking up something new
> for the Cube version which won't feature now? Or will the game be
> released as a poor port with much slowdown etc?
>
> I hope everything is 100% complete and not rushed.

I doubt they'd bother putting too much extra in. I think the reason for the delay was for Sony's sake, so if they can get it out sooner rather than later, go them.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:21
"Uzi Lover"
The second looks fantastic and is sure to have alot mroe depth then the first which didn't last too long did it.

The crashes look awesome. The extra modes look fun. On the whole it looks superb.

I haven't played the PS2 version yet and I don't intend to either. Just wait for the Cube version to arrive and amaze me :-)

But what I'm wondering is why the date has been moved earlier in the States and probably here. Could they of been thinking up something new for the Cube version which won't feature now? Or will the game be released as a poor port with much slowdown etc?

I hope everything is 100% complete and not rushed.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Cool. I loved the first.
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:03
Regular
I was playing a bit of burnout last night. Still excellent stuff.

Burnout 2? The sooner the better
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:58
"Uzi Lover"
Just read on IGN that the U.S are getting Burnout 2: Point Of Impact on April 8th instead of the original date of May 2nd. That's one month early!

Now, the release date for Europe is 16th May, so surely we should get it a month early too but two weeks after the U.S? Or not?

I know many of you are looking forward to this game so hopefully this is good news, even though it may get in the way of the already amazing titles we are playing at the moment. Shouldn't get in the way of Zelda now though if all go's good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.