GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mr. Grey, Hero, VIllain, Just behind the times??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/01/11 at 13:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So you have probably heard about Andy Grey's (and R. Keyes) predicament, whereby he seems to have taken a leaf out of Russell Brands book (which is awful by the way).

Quick search of Google will do the trick if you haven't mind.

What do you make of it?

Keeping my opinion in short bursts, this is what I believe to be true.

-Female assistants should be allowed in the game, as long as they do the job right.
-Sian Massey had a good game, she made all the decisions correctly (how many linos can say that).
-AG and RK made irrelevant comments, and were insulting. Not intended maybe, but insulting none the less.
-Sky are undoubtedly over-reacting but clamping down on it is needed in some sense, before it becomes a joke

In short, they should have been disciplined, and made a public apology. Being fired was too much. Sian Massey did a good job. Despite Burton's comments.she wasn't a looker...............

Keep this thread clean, I will remove off colour or rude comments ;)
Tue 08/02/11 at 15:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
Butch wrote:
I have it on good authority that messieurs's Gray and Keys will be joining radio station TalkSport very soon. I can hear the PC brigade sharpening their pitchforks as we speak...

Now that's interesting. TalkSport are featured on FIFA 11. Wonder if Gray will manage to keep hold of his commentary job. Can't see EA allowing that though!
Tue 08/02/11 at 14:36
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I have it on good authority that messieurs's Gray and Keys will be joining radio station TalkSport very soon. I can hear the PC brigade sharpening their pitchforks as we speak...
Thu 27/01/11 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
HM wrote:
It would be nice to play a game with a different mix of commentators though - it has gotten boring with the same guys rabbiting on over the top of the game...for however many years!

Play World Cup 2010, with Andy Townsend commentating. Trust me, you will soon change your mind.
Thu 27/01/11 at 07:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised he's been fired after the amount of absolute dribble he's said over the years. Also, can't say I'm any happier. Andy Gray gets fired from Sky. You know what that means....

No more Andy Gray on FIFA!

Hopefully...

It would be nice to play a game with a different mix of commentators though - it has gotten boring with the same guys rabbiting on over the top of the game...for however many years!
Wed 26/01/11 at 22:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This strikes me as planned manipulating of the situation by SKY. I suspect that they were aware of Grey being a sexist pig back in December but as it wasn't broadcast they could hardly point it out themselves.
After that I imagine they looked at Grey, believed he was a liability and that should it happen again it'd be a good oppurtunity to refresh their broadcast. Convenient that they left the microphone isn't it? Was convenient when it happened to Gordon Brown last year as well.
Not that I really care, Andy Grey is a... damn swear filter.
Wed 26/01/11 at 20:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I neither know nor care much about football, but the comments made were offensive and he was rightly sacked (can't really see why they both weren't to be honest).

Various people are saying how the lineswoman made all the right decisions - I don't really see how that's relevent...? If she had screwed up an offside call would that have justified the comments made? Would either of them have made any comments about a male linesman who was known to make frequent 'bad calls'?

I've also seen a few comparisons with Russel Brand... I'm not sure I agree with the comparison. Brand claimed he'd slept with someone (which, given he said so on air and onto someone elses voice mail, may show some disregard for the woman in question and perhaps for women in general, but I don't think what he said was inherently sexist...). These guys effectively claimed that no woman was capable of a job which is done by many men, and continued by insulting all womens intelligence by stating that none of them could understand a rule which frankly isn't rocket science.
Wed 26/01/11 at 19:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Keys resigned earlier this afternoon, after appearing on Talksport. I was working so missed the interview but it sounds as if it was a strange one.

Transcript Here
Wed 26/01/11 at 18:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
Can't say I'm surprised he's been fired after the amount of absolute dribble he's said over the years. Also, can't say I'm any happier. Andy Gray gets fired from Sky. You know what that means....

No more Andy Gray on FIFA!
Wed 26/01/11 at 17:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm still trying to get my head round why Gray was paid £1.7 million a year!

Nice work if you can get it!

HOW MUCH ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0

That is an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay a sports commentator.Sky said they had 1 reason to get rid of him,after reading that I can think of 1.6999 million more!
Wed 26/01/11 at 16:51
"Are you sure?"
I'm still trying to get my head round why Gray was paid £1.7 million a year!

Nice work if you can get it!
[s]Hmmm... having to slave away on the keyboard[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.