GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"imagettfbbox and imagettftext"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/07 at 18:14
Regular
"That's 2 whole M's"
I get a 'function not found' error if I try to use these two PHP functions since the server upgrade, which would tend to suggest that either GD or FreeType has not been installed. Has anyone else experienced this?
Wed 13/06/07 at 18:14
Regular
"That's 2 whole M's"
I get a 'function not found' error if I try to use these two PHP functions since the server upgrade, which would tend to suggest that either GD or FreeType has not been installed. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thu 14/06/07 at 00:16
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Freetype is not installed on the new web servers, however I will check if it is possible to get this changed. You can check this yourself by creating a simple php file containing the code:

phpinfo();

You can then save this file twice, once with a .php extension and another with a .php5 extension. Upload and then browse to each file and you will then get an output of what is installed with PHP4 and PHP5.
Mon 09/07/07 at 20:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mmassive wrote:
> I get a 'function not found' error if I try to use these two PHP
> functions since the server upgrade, which would tend to suggest
> that either GD or FreeType has not been installed. Has anyone
> else experienced this?

I've been getting exactly the same error (for a simple captcha script I added to stop by guest book from being repeatedly spammed to oblivion)

It's good to get some confirmation of why this isn't working with you guys any more - Though I guess it means it's time for me to search for another host (and just a couple of months before I needed to renew my domain too - shame!)
Mon 09/07/07 at 22:45
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you could hold out a few days I will see what I can do for you. If the engineers agree to install Freetype (GD is installed) then it shouldn't take to long to get PHP recompiled across all the servers.
Tue 10/07/07 at 13:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Eccles wrote:
> If you could hold out a few days I will see what I can do for
> you. If the engineers agree to install Freetype (GD is
> installed) then it shouldn't take to long to get PHP recompiled
> across all the servers.

Sure, no problem - You've been hosting the site for me since September 2000 anyway - A few more days cant hurt :)
Tue 10/07/07 at 14:15
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We've put a request through for the engineers to do this for us. Just waiting for a response now.
Tue 10/07/07 at 14:42
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Eccles wrote:
> We've put a request through for the engineers to do this for us.
> Just waiting for a response now.

Cool - Cheers Eccles!
Fri 13/07/07 at 12:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Hi Eccles - Any update from this so far?
Fri 13/07/07 at 22:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Nothing yet. Have you tried running phpinfo() and seeing what comes up.

I'll get someone to chase this up asap as I'm off for a couple of weeks now.
Mon 16/07/07 at 10:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Eccles wrote:
> Nothing yet. Have you tried running phpinfo() and seeing what
> comes up.
>
> I'll get someone to chase this up asap as I'm off for a couple
> of weeks now.

Yeah, it's still screwed...

Guestbook form page

If someone could give me a shout when they know whether this function will be added it would be much appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.