GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
I got it in the post today.

So, queries, general chat and problems - in this thread.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
I got it in the post today.

So, queries, general chat and problems - in this thread.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Which would be better if you already have MGS2: Sons of Liberty?

Get Substance now for £34.49 or wait for it to go Platinum and grab it for £19.99 or less?
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:38
Regular
Get Substance now!
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:45
I picked it up today for £29.99, bargin.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:49
Regular
I picked it up today for free, bargain.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:53
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i have completed mgs2:sons of liberty multiple times and don't really think substance is really worth the price, do you think the new additions justify buying it again for that price?
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:55
Regular
Absolutely.
The content of the original MGS2 is all here - and it makes up about 15% of the whole package. Definitely worth buying.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:00
Regular
This is what is putting me off, OPSM2 mag said:

"Are you prepared to buy MGS2 again at full price just for these 'extras', which could arguably have been included in the original release? We can guess what Otacon's answer would be." and "Others should question what they are actually getting for the £39.99 price tag."

They then go on to point out that if you haven't already got the original then of course they'd rate this as a 10/10 game, but because they, like me, think it's just the same game with add-ons they only gave it a 7/10.

So for me, at this stage, it's not good value for money, especially since I just bought Splinter Cell today as well.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
OPS2 are mindless gorillas.

It's definitely value for money.

Missions, Snake Tales, and Skateboarding, all offer about as much, or maybe more challenge as the full game. And, sans skateboarding, probably last longer as well.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:07
Regular
OK, I'm half convinced. I'll try to GAD it. That way I figure expending a little brain power for a game I've already completed but with extras is a lot better than shelling out the rest of my gaming budget for April :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.