GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Completed Starfox last night. a few disapointments I have to say..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:13
Regular
It was an awesome cut scene at the end, and i thought it was well good how general scales was being controlled by andross but it just felt so short and aimed at kids. there was hardly any challenge in the gameplay like there was in good old lylatwars back on the 64. the final battle with andross was so much easier than that of androsses brain on venom in lylatwars. I litterally did it second time but it must have taken me half a year to complete andross back on the 64. the whole game also felt so much shorter and unchallenging. Slippy was there to give hints to all the puzzles so there was harldy any stoppages when it came to complicated puzzles. i tired to use slippy as little as possible but that still didnt slow me down. i completed the whole game in a month.

It also makes me a little emotional to think that we wont get the same sort of sequel due to rares absence. Even though i think nintendo are going to carry on with the franchise and are working on star fox armada at the moment but it wont have the same esscence. Then again there were quite alot of annoying things about this game. heres a list of what i thought was irritating:
1. those british accents given to the dinosaurs
2. there was no point in cheat tokens
3. why wasnt falco in it from the start
4. the channel 5 late night friday movie music that was played whenever fox saw crystal
5. the lenght of the game
6. the lack of space flight levels
7. the main characters should have had more actual involvement in the game
8. the way fox kept saying that the only way he was saving dinosaur planet was for money!

other than that it was a pretty good game just a bit too easy
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
It was an awesome cut scene at the end, and i thought it was well good how general scales was being controlled by andross but it just felt so short and aimed at kids. there was hardly any challenge in the gameplay like there was in good old lylatwars back on the 64. the final battle with andross was so much easier than that of androsses brain on venom in lylatwars. I litterally did it second time but it must have taken me half a year to complete andross back on the 64. the whole game also felt so much shorter and unchallenging. Slippy was there to give hints to all the puzzles so there was harldy any stoppages when it came to complicated puzzles. i tired to use slippy as little as possible but that still didnt slow me down. i completed the whole game in a month.

It also makes me a little emotional to think that we wont get the same sort of sequel due to rares absence. Even though i think nintendo are going to carry on with the franchise and are working on star fox armada at the moment but it wont have the same esscence. Then again there were quite alot of annoying things about this game. heres a list of what i thought was irritating:
1. those british accents given to the dinosaurs
2. there was no point in cheat tokens
3. why wasnt falco in it from the start
4. the channel 5 late night friday movie music that was played whenever fox saw crystal
5. the lenght of the game
6. the lack of space flight levels
7. the main characters should have had more actual involvement in the game
8. the way fox kept saying that the only way he was saving dinosaur planet was for money!

other than that it was a pretty good game just a bit too easy
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:54
Regular
What you meant to say was that the game's a big pile of steaming crap.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:55
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
oh i dont forget the classic

(gamer) "**** the game, where do i go now?"

*flips to slippy*
(slippy) "go to peppy to find out whre to go next"

*gamer flips to peppy for map*

(peppy) "Go here fox"

(gamer) "im right next to that ****n place. where..?"

=============

general chaos between gamer, slippy and peppy.

Also what is with the stupid fire it does next to no harm, screw dodging it. run through it!
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
lol. I'm on the final boss. If anyone out there doesn't want to know who he is look away...

... now!

A n d r o s
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:00
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
or jst dont tell them in the first place.. geez
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Yes, Gerrid had this and completed this. I must say he was not best pleased. And when he is not happy, he starts beating me with a giant metal phallus. I must say it is not the most pleaseuable experience one would hope for.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
HAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Runs*
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:03
Regular
The worst part was the end.

They just took the code for the final boss in Lylat Wars and slapped it in for no decent reason, spruced up the graphics a bit and added a cameo from Falco - who looked like he'd just returned from a tour with the Village People.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Festivus!"
Whitestripes wrote:
> They just took the code for the final boss in Lylat Wars and slapped
> it in for no decent reason

Maybe they knew of the M$ take over?
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeah, i gave up. I felt no particular need to complete it. I mean i did Andros in Lylat wars, what's the point. Oh, lylat wars rocked so much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.