GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US postage?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/07 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
Hi guys, need to ask you lot a question. Its about import and export. Recently i won an auction for a game, i calculated that postage would be less then $4 Based on some calculations. Here is my message to the person:

Thank you for the message. I've done some calculations, having picked up one of my pc games in a dvd case (with cd inside) it came to about 100g. Using http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight that comes to about 3.527 ounces.

Assuming the costs on http://postcalc.usps.gov/ are correct, an envolope delivered to england weighing 3.527 with first class international postage (the slowest service) costs only $3.60.

Those are my calculations and $4 should cover it.

Apparently it didn't cover it. There could have been some price hikes or something. Heres the email:

FYI. I shipped today. JUst to let you know. There was no way , via US Postal Ser, to ship it for less than $11 - which is what I paid, so I actually lost money on the deal. It would be a nice gesture if you could add $7 to cover the actual shipping cost. But I wont hold you to it.

Something doesn't add up. My calculations should be correct, but if the person did lose money i should pay the money as a good will gesture to the person. But then how do i know whether the person is cheating me of money? So what would you do in this situation?

Heres MY game plan:

1) Ask about how much the weight really was.
2) Enquire on the usps website, ebay and us based websites for some idea on postage costs
3) Probably if theres time weigh the delivered item to see where it comes from.
Thu 07/06/07 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
Hi guys, need to ask you lot a question. Its about import and export. Recently i won an auction for a game, i calculated that postage would be less then $4 Based on some calculations. Here is my message to the person:

Thank you for the message. I've done some calculations, having picked up one of my pc games in a dvd case (with cd inside) it came to about 100g. Using http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight that comes to about 3.527 ounces.

Assuming the costs on http://postcalc.usps.gov/ are correct, an envolope delivered to england weighing 3.527 with first class international postage (the slowest service) costs only $3.60.

Those are my calculations and $4 should cover it.

Apparently it didn't cover it. There could have been some price hikes or something. Heres the email:

FYI. I shipped today. JUst to let you know. There was no way , via US Postal Ser, to ship it for less than $11 - which is what I paid, so I actually lost money on the deal. It would be a nice gesture if you could add $7 to cover the actual shipping cost. But I wont hold you to it.

Something doesn't add up. My calculations should be correct, but if the person did lose money i should pay the money as a good will gesture to the person. But then how do i know whether the person is cheating me of money? So what would you do in this situation?

Heres MY game plan:

1) Ask about how much the weight really was.
2) Enquire on the usps website, ebay and us based websites for some idea on postage costs
3) Probably if theres time weigh the delivered item to see where it comes from.
Thu 07/06/07 at 23:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Your costings are based upon an envelope, a DVD case will probably have qualified as a package especially if theres some kind of padding. And under package service it comes out at 12 dollars which is about what you've been asked to pay in total.
Thu 07/06/07 at 23:12
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
$4 would never have covered it, 11 sounds more right. I wouldnt even get stuff shipped from England to here for $4, never mind the other side of the pond!

I dont think hes having you on
Thu 07/06/07 at 23:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If the game's in a case and not just the disc itself then it is a packet and there's no way you're getting a packet shipped for only 4 bucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.