GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fond memories: Argos 1985"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/10 at 16:26
"possibly impossible"
Someone somewhere has uploaded the whole of a 1985 Argos catalogue to the internet.

It's great to look through all the tech pages, toys and games systems that were state of the art back then and read the descriptions for them.

Check this out

I loved those little microdrives, even though they had to be hit every 5 minutes to actually work.

and this - I had that Donkey Kong and Tomy one.

and I had all those Transformers .

Ah, the memories.
Wed 22/12/10 at 22:27
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
HiddenWingz wrote:
Just finished watching '100 Greatest Toys with Jonathon Ross.' Brought back some fantastic memories, but it was also quite traumatic. Can't believe I was so obsesssed with certain toys!

I watched that too. I wasnt surprised with Lego at number 1. I love it. When i was younger i use to have a HUGE box full of it. Id spend hours on it. I wish i still had it today. Im getting my kids Lego for xmas. Honestly it is for them :P
Mon 20/12/10 at 22:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
Have got that Millenium Falcon. The only thing I ever wanted for about 5 years was that AT-AT Walker. I never got one.

One of mine had that and we've still got it in 'pristine condition' in the attic....along with original Transformers, Action Man etc etc. (Spotted the boxes when I went searching for Crimbo decorations) :¬)

P.S. As a regular/moderator, I would have thought you had got to grips with using 'links' by now :¬(
Mon 20/12/10 at 21:00
Mon 20/12/10 at 19:19
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I love argos - and would love a job there. I even put in for the temp job but i was too late with the application. But still, i hope they have one in the new year.
Sun 19/12/10 at 23:40
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Just finished watching '100 Greatest Toys with Jonathon Ross.' Brought back some fantastic memories, but it was also quite traumatic. Can't believe I was so obsesssed with certain toys!
Mon 13/12/10 at 20:51
Regular
My primary school used to have that Pac-Man board game for some reason...

And I remember having that Toy Box Seat (247, 31)
Sat 11/12/10 at 16:55
"possibly impossible"
Thanks, I remember owning the ATAT and the ATST (scout walker) but being envious of my friend who owned most of the other things.
Sat 11/12/10 at 08:23
Regular
"Carpe Diem"
What a great topic to start the morning with! These are so nostalgic. I definately remember having #12, and number #18 (the Grandstand); such memories! And who can forget Guess Who? Come to think of it, I think I also had that walking AT-AT on the Star Wars page. Sort of wish I still had, now!

Brilliant post, I love to be reminded vintage toys and games like that.
Fri 10/12/10 at 23:44
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
I used to have the toy tractor on number 21, and some of the other toys too...Will never forget the furby craze though, that was just insane Oo Thanks for sharing the link! *continues to look*
Fri 10/12/10 at 16:26
"possibly impossible"
Someone somewhere has uploaded the whole of a 1985 Argos catalogue to the internet.

It's great to look through all the tech pages, toys and games systems that were state of the art back then and read the descriptions for them.

Check this out

I loved those little microdrives, even though they had to be hit every 5 minutes to actually work.

and this - I had that Donkey Kong and Tomy one.

and I had all those Transformers .

Ah, the memories.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.