GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sheffield Wednesday! Amazing Season!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/07 at 18:38
Regular
"Up The Owls"
Well, what a season, and after this incredible campaign I just had to write an article about it.

To think how low down we were at the start - we were fighting for our lives at the bottom of the Championship and now we are disappointed about not reaching the play-offs!

What an amazing season we've had: we must have a set a new record for the worst run of form followed by the best run of form in the space of a couple of months - you just won't find another team in the world like Sheffield Wednesday FC.

And the real turning point in our season, even though I hate to say this, was the sacking of Paul Sturrock. I know this wasn't the most popular decision but it looks as though its turned out for the best. I think we were in and around the bottom three when he got the sack, but hey what a decision it turned out to be.

In came Sean McAuley and he really helped turn our season around. The team remained unbeaten in six games if my memory serves me right before we appointed Brian Laws, and what a super start he had.

The only down side of his Sheffield Wednesday managerial career to date was been the slight blip in the new year where he did come under some pressure from the fans, but he came through and the team is currently on another one of our amazing runs of form.

Overall I think it has been a great achievement this season to finish in the top half after the bad start we had, and we even have some top Premiership teams linked with our players which is always a good thing. Even though we want to keep our best players, you know your team is doing well when Premiership teams are rumoured to be buying them.

Let's just hope we keep them. I have also seen Brian Laws linked with the Bolton manager's position before Sammy Lee was appointed. Again it was only a rumour but it's a sign of how well he's done for us since he came in that he's being linked with a Premiership job - hopefully his job will be with us for the long term!

All I can say now is BRING ON NEXT SEASON! Up The Owls!
Tue 03/07/07 at 14:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
A rather belated reply, but I thought I would reply anyway!

Selling Bougherra hit us hard and we really didn't recover till early March. Did'nt we fail to win all through Jan/Feb? Admittedly that was also partly to do with Crossley who suddenly lost form.

Luckily for us Wood had some good form, but we have'nt replaced Bougherra yet.

Renewed my season ticket not long back with some real hope for this season, though with our current signings, its looking hard to see us improving on 9th.
Wed 06/06/07 at 20:54
Regular
"Up The Owls"
Yes losing bougherra was really hard, for us.

But we really coped well and bounced back strongly. And we had an amazing end to the season .

Hopefully we can to the business next season and reach the play-offs and beoynd.
Wed 06/06/07 at 20:32
"LOLLERSKATES!"
You didn't do bad, especially considering you lost your best defender mid-season. This is coming from a jealous Leeds fan.
Wed 06/06/07 at 18:38
Regular
"Up The Owls"
Well, what a season, and after this incredible campaign I just had to write an article about it.

To think how low down we were at the start - we were fighting for our lives at the bottom of the Championship and now we are disappointed about not reaching the play-offs!

What an amazing season we've had: we must have a set a new record for the worst run of form followed by the best run of form in the space of a couple of months - you just won't find another team in the world like Sheffield Wednesday FC.

And the real turning point in our season, even though I hate to say this, was the sacking of Paul Sturrock. I know this wasn't the most popular decision but it looks as though its turned out for the best. I think we were in and around the bottom three when he got the sack, but hey what a decision it turned out to be.

In came Sean McAuley and he really helped turn our season around. The team remained unbeaten in six games if my memory serves me right before we appointed Brian Laws, and what a super start he had.

The only down side of his Sheffield Wednesday managerial career to date was been the slight blip in the new year where he did come under some pressure from the fans, but he came through and the team is currently on another one of our amazing runs of form.

Overall I think it has been a great achievement this season to finish in the top half after the bad start we had, and we even have some top Premiership teams linked with our players which is always a good thing. Even though we want to keep our best players, you know your team is doing well when Premiership teams are rumoured to be buying them.

Let's just hope we keep them. I have also seen Brian Laws linked with the Bolton manager's position before Sammy Lee was appointed. Again it was only a rumour but it's a sign of how well he's done for us since he came in that he's being linked with a Premiership job - hopefully his job will be with us for the long term!

All I can say now is BRING ON NEXT SEASON! Up The Owls!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.