GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid worries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sun 30/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
Okay, I just got Metroid Prime today, and I've only been playing it about 2 minutes and I'm worried already. Do you really have to push down the L button to strafe? That's crap! So you can't turn and strafe at the same time? Rubbish! I can't see anywhere in the options to change the controls. You can't even use the camera stick to move your view around, can you?

Someone tell me this isn't so, I need a control system I can use or I'll never play it.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Tiltawhirl was almost right.
Shenmue II.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Best game on the Dreamcast was Skies of Arcadia
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
Jet Set Radio was good, but was also stupidly annoying in places.

Best game on the Dreamcast was Shenmue.
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Jet Set Radio was alright, but it was nothing amazing.
Maybe I am biased because mine was in Japanese though.
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:11
Regular
The control system is startlingly unique, I was dead impressed with Retro's incredible ability to incorperate a adventure style control system in a first person game. It has managed to create that adventure game feeling. Those that criticize it are those that want a Timesplitters 2 or Halo as opposed to a Zelda.

I really couldn't imagine Metroid with a multiplayer mode although they are apparently considering it for the sequel. The feeling of isolation is lost with a multiplayer idea. Although it would be fun as a side game.

It is without a doubt the greatest Gamecube game... nay the greatest game of this generation of consoles I have ever played. Including the fabled Jet Set Radio.
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So says 'Nintendo Loyalist'

I agree though.

:D
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:00
Regular
"DS..."
In case you had'nt guessed from my last post I was refering to Metroid Prime which i now have "Horray!" and have been playing since Saturday and I can honestly say that it truly is the best game on the Gamecube and really does do the series justice.

In a short sentence, Metroid Prime is sheer gaming perfection distilled to it's purest form, and anyone who just dissmisses it as cr*p without playing it properly is obviously just a shallow casual gamer who would'nt know a decent game if it smacked them right between the eyes, in my opinion.

slik ~_~
Mon 31/03/03 at 16:56
Regular
"DS..."
*is confused but does'nt care, as logs off computer, go's home and plays on one of the best games ever conceived*

slik ~_~
Mon 31/03/03 at 16:48
Regular
I second that confusion...
Mon 31/03/03 at 16:47
Regular
Are we talking about Whitestripes or Metroid now?

I'm confused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.