GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there such thing as a super-uber???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/12/01 at 13:50
Regular
I've asked this in the tricky forum but most of my replies around here have vanished for some reason, there was server trouble last night which might have something to do with it. Anyway has anyone done a super-uber yet, I've read the manual and couldn't find anything about a super-uber, i thought you might have to use the uber board for that character but it just comes out as an experimental, same as before.
I then dug out one of my magazines because I knew I'd read it somewhere and it says the same thing press all 4 shoulder buttons when tricky is lit, dammit why isn't this working?? I've tried it with 2 characters, most of the boards and haven't seen it. have they taken it out for the europeon release or is there no such thing.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've asked this in the tricky forum but most of my replies around here have vanished for some reason, there was server trouble last night which might have something to do with it. Anyway has anyone done a super-uber yet, I've read the manual and couldn't find anything about a super-uber, i thought you might have to use the uber board for that character but it just comes out as an experimental, same as before.
I then dug out one of my magazines because I knew I'd read it somewhere and it says the same thing press all 4 shoulder buttons when tricky is lit, dammit why isn't this working?? I've tried it with 2 characters, most of the boards and haven't seen it. have they taken it out for the europeon release or is there no such thing.
Mon 03/12/01 at 13:55
Regular
I`ll do some experimenting when I get back home tonight (on the game I mean), and see if I can get the super Uber working. Not sure how much success I`ll have though.

I have the Uber board, and its easy to fill Tricky, so I`ll try loads of combinations tonight. I`ll let you know what happens tomorrow.
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:35
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Supposedly if you complete 3 Uber tricks you can then do an Uber Uber but I personally havent done it as my wife has bought it for Christmas for me and the nasty woman wont let me have it early. Just as well I still have gta3
Mon 03/12/01 at 17:00
Regular
"¬_¬"
I think to get a super-uber you have to pull off the four different uber tricks without losing your bar, and then you'll do it. Its extremely hard anyway, because you need massive air for an uber and it is very hard to get 5 massive airs each within 20 seconds of each other.
Mon 03/12/01 at 18:42
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Right I was doing some experimenting earlier on and I must say that Super-Ubers do exist- because when I lit up my Tricky bar Rahzell says something about the SUPER_UBERS. The question is How do you pull them off? The 4 shoulder buttons trick doesnt seem to work and I get the same thing as Phil....Ill play it more tonight and see if I can find anything
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:33
Regular
"Back For Good"
I honestly have no idea, I went on pipedream and did uber after uber on the half pipe and nothing :-(

I read the manual again and it says something about specific uber tricks for each character but i espected a way over the top super-uber when tricky was lit, Let us know if anyone does it :-)
Tue 04/12/01 at 16:28
Regular
Last night:

Garibaldi run, no falls, constant red bar pretty much from the first jump onwards. Tried ALL ubers, plus combos of more than one Uber. Filled the letters of Tricky, and then tried loads of combinations including all four buttons, diagonals, horizontal pairs as well as the usual vertical pairs, and even some tasty threesomes, but none of them did any Uberness.

When I did that though I was a sensei, however, I finally got the gold on Alaska last night to make it up to master, so I`ll give it another go with the Master ranking and Uber board just in case this is what is needed to pull a super uber.

The only other possibility is that they expect "normal" ubers to be done without boosting off the jump (though I do it anyway), meaning that the condition with infinite boost, that you get with all letters of tricky filled allows you to boost freely off all jumps, making you do bigger ubers, or more ubers per jump etc... called super ubers just because they are bigger/longer.
Wed 01/12/10 at 18:44
Regular
Ah yes - the light colours make most of the formatting invisible - and I got new glasses today so I know what I'm talking about :lol:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.