GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Every top keeper makes mistakes."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/12/01 at 12:33
Regular
Every top goalkeeper makes mistakes that costs his team vital points. It happens every year, worldwide. Just look at Schmeichel yesterday! Usually on world class form for Villa (hence why they're doing so well this season) but dropped the ball yesterday for one goal, and got pushed over by Sinclair for th Fox's first! Even at the age of........I'm not sure.....nearly 40!! He's still playing great football and helping his team. Those are the first mistakes he's made this season.

And what about several years ago for Man United? FA Cup match at Old Trafford against Barnsley. Schmeichel almost completely mised the ball and it fell nicely for John Hendrie to shock the Premiership!! Meaning the game went to a replay at Oakwell, which we somehow lost!! This is the only big mistake I recall 'The Great Dane' ever making for United. Maybe because he made up for it with a goal in Europe several years before!

Barthez has the same effect on me. I see him play nightmare matches this season, but I recall last year, and the number of times he humilliated the Premiership's top no.9's when in one-on-one situations, and they number of great and important saves and blocks he made, to help United regain the Title for another year under Fergie's reign.

I do believe that Barthez is having a bad spell, just like the whole team. It always happens in November to United, but I'm sure he'll bounce back stronger than before, because I've seen what he's capable of!!

Westerveld's a top Dutch international, and I bet now no-one at Anfield still really remembers him!! Did you know he IS still there?? But he's been thrown into the resrves by Houllier after several bad games. And 2 new replacements have been brought in, signaling the definite end of his Anfield career. I think he'd get over it in time, and DEFINITLEY desereves another chance!! He could be Holland's no.1, but is currently no.2. And I don't quite think his 2 replacements are quite as high in ability and potential as Westerveld!! He deserves another chance, and has been mistreated by Houllier just like Ince and Dundee a while back. Or even David Ginola, when Monsieur Gerard was the French manager.

So, I think that all top players, especially goalkeepers deserve a second chance, and reminding them of their mistakes won't help them recover!! After all, they are playing in the most important role in the defence of a team!! Not everyone else would be brave enough to take on this challenge!!
Tue 04/12/01 at 17:15
Regular
well done on the gad
Mon 03/12/01 at 11:53
Regular
Solskjaer_24 wrote:

And what about several years ago for Man United? FA Cup match at Old
> Trafford against Barnsley. Schmeichel almost completely mised the ball and it
> fell nicely for John Hendrie to shock the Premiership!! Meaning the game went to
> a replay at Oakwell, which we somehow lost!! This is the only big mistake I
> recall 'The Great Dane' ever making for United.

I'm sure there were many more. Off the top of my head I remember him making a mistake in Munich in the last few minutes of the game that lost us two points in the champs league. But the guy is a legend, and he will always be remembered as a top keeper becasue he ended his career at United winning the Europeon Cup. Barthez on the other hand is in danger of ending his career labelled as a complete and utter calamity!
Sun 02/12/01 at 15:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
(Schmeichel turned 38 in novemeber, by the way)

And top players are paid not to make mistakes.

A top player who repeatedly makes bad mistakes, is not in fact, a top player.
Sun 02/12/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Every top goalkeeper makes mistakes that costs his team vital points. It happens every year, worldwide. Just look at Schmeichel yesterday! Usually on world class form for Villa (hence why they're doing so well this season) but dropped the ball yesterday for one goal, and got pushed over by Sinclair for th Fox's first! Even at the age of........I'm not sure.....nearly 40!! He's still playing great football and helping his team. Those are the first mistakes he's made this season.

And what about several years ago for Man United? FA Cup match at Old Trafford against Barnsley. Schmeichel almost completely mised the ball and it fell nicely for John Hendrie to shock the Premiership!! Meaning the game went to a replay at Oakwell, which we somehow lost!! This is the only big mistake I recall 'The Great Dane' ever making for United. Maybe because he made up for it with a goal in Europe several years before!

Barthez has the same effect on me. I see him play nightmare matches this season, but I recall last year, and the number of times he humilliated the Premiership's top no.9's when in one-on-one situations, and they number of great and important saves and blocks he made, to help United regain the Title for another year under Fergie's reign.

I do believe that Barthez is having a bad spell, just like the whole team. It always happens in November to United, but I'm sure he'll bounce back stronger than before, because I've seen what he's capable of!!

Westerveld's a top Dutch international, and I bet now no-one at Anfield still really remembers him!! Did you know he IS still there?? But he's been thrown into the resrves by Houllier after several bad games. And 2 new replacements have been brought in, signaling the definite end of his Anfield career. I think he'd get over it in time, and DEFINITLEY desereves another chance!! He could be Holland's no.1, but is currently no.2. And I don't quite think his 2 replacements are quite as high in ability and potential as Westerveld!! He deserves another chance, and has been mistreated by Houllier just like Ince and Dundee a while back. Or even David Ginola, when Monsieur Gerard was the French manager.

So, I think that all top players, especially goalkeepers deserve a second chance, and reminding them of their mistakes won't help them recover!! After all, they are playing in the most important role in the defence of a team!! Not everyone else would be brave enough to take on this challenge!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.