GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband losing sync when phone rings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/10 at 16:22
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola, I'm not having much luck lately...

I've just raised Support Ticket 165158 but thought I would post as well due to the email problems and it might be easier to read responses here.

Starting today I'm losing sync when I get an incoming call.
Once the phone stops ringing my ADSL will re-sync.
Outgoing calls aren't a problem.

I've tested directly in the TEST socket with no other phone equipment connected and if I call my landline the ADSL still drops (I see the SNR going to around '-12db'!).

I wouldn't be surprised if water has got in the system somewhere with the stormy weather the last few days.
Unfortunately the voice side of the line is fine so it's over to you.

I've just called a neighbour (also on Freeola ADSL!) and they are fine - but their phone line goes the opposite way down the lane to mine, so if there is a line local fault they don't seem to be feeling it.

Thanks in advance a fed up Hmmm...
Tue 09/11/10 at 16:22
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola, I'm not having much luck lately...

I've just raised Support Ticket 165158 but thought I would post as well due to the email problems and it might be easier to read responses here.

Starting today I'm losing sync when I get an incoming call.
Once the phone stops ringing my ADSL will re-sync.
Outgoing calls aren't a problem.

I've tested directly in the TEST socket with no other phone equipment connected and if I call my landline the ADSL still drops (I see the SNR going to around '-12db'!).

I wouldn't be surprised if water has got in the system somewhere with the stormy weather the last few days.
Unfortunately the voice side of the line is fine so it's over to you.

I've just called a neighbour (also on Freeola ADSL!) and they are fine - but their phone line goes the opposite way down the lane to mine, so if there is a line local fault they don't seem to be feeling it.

Thanks in advance a fed up Hmmm...
Wed 10/11/10 at 14:04
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the calls Freeola.

Glad tests showed a fault as so often people get to hear the dreaded 'No Fault Found' ;¬)

Please remember that if you've had any success booking an engineer visit that I'm not receiving your Ticket replies/updates (please check I submitted the correct email address on the ticket or email me direct).

EDIT: You've just updated me re. engineer visit - thanks again.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 10/11/10 at 14:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Took a while longer than expected (assuming its a knock-on effect from BT being busy - Infinity maybe? :S ).

Anyway you know all this now as you say.

Believe me we generally dislike the "no fault found" just as much as our customers.
Fri 12/11/10 at 14:51
"Are you sure?"
Just to update my broadband problem.

Today for the first time for a few days incoming calls don't cause the router to drop the connection - just rack up loads of errors.

The noise margin drops by 2db rather than 15 or more seen over the last few days.
Before the fault obviously a ringing phone didn't cause any change.

So I'm guessing as I first mentioned, it could be water related (in a joint etc.) as it hadn't rained for a while - but it is starting again now!

I'm happy as you (and EntaNet) are that there is a line fault as proven by their tests but thought I would update you on the current state of play.

Heavy rain is forecast for Sunday with BT visit Monday so hopefully this will highlight the problem for them.

Are you happy that as EntaNet have found a fault that I'm safe from BT's billing regime or do you want to repeat the tests on Sunday?

Happy for you to reply here or by email but I think I messed up my initial Support Ticket which is why I didn't use that.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 13/11/10 at 17:36
"Are you sure?"
I haven't heard from Freeola via the forum, email or phone so I guess no one read yesterday's post?

After some more rain my broadband loses sync again with an incoming call !

So far I've managed to maintain my 4500 IP Profile syncing around 58xx on my longish line (51db).

I pick the phone up ASAP so when the router re-sync's the interference has stopped so I still get my normal speed.

All a bit stressful though :¬/

Hopefully Monday's BT bod will sort things out.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 13/11/10 at 18:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
All a bit stressful though :¬/

Hopefully Monday's BT bod will sort things out.

Hang on in there Hmmm...I know the feeling :¬) Wishing you all the best for 'bod's' visit sometime on Monday.
Sat 13/11/10 at 18:36
"Are you sure?"
Cheers DL :¬)

As you know I *LOVE* my Freeola broadband so looking forward to it being sorted.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 14/11/10 at 09:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Briefly, as you already know, it's not a good idea to assume your forum post will be read and replied to as we don't use the forums for support.

I don't mind helping out while I'm in office, but others won't focus on the forums like I do.

If the issue has now re-emerged it would be best to continue with the original course of action. Send in any notes or comments via a ticket, as (like yesterday) I'm not always in so there is every possibility that I won't be the one dealing with this tomorrow etc.
Sun 14/11/10 at 09:42
"Are you sure?"
Morning Warhunt.

Don't worry, if I need a quick reply I know not to use the forums - I was just spelling things out in case someone had tried to contact me via the original ticket I raised and had forgotten I had put a typo in it :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 15/11/10 at 09:58
"Are you sure?"
Looks like I'm all sorted :¬)

BT here at 8am.
I thought he would be an SFI chap but he turned out to be an ordinary Openreach engineer (my new best mate Graham!).

His tests could also see the fault which was a relief.
After replacing the drop cable from my house to the nearest pole all seems to be back to normal.

We could only find the smallest physical fault on the wire - but he thought it would be enough to cause problems when it was wet.

Nice and sunny here today - so need a few days rain to test it properly but things look good :¬)

Happy Hmmm...

EDIT: Arh - just lost sync!
Can't see any reason why. No calls being made this time.
A bit worrying...
Guess I'll have to hope it was just a coincidence but loss of sync if very unusual for me (apart from during recent fault).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.