GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 saved by Haze?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Haze'.
Mon 04/06/07 at 14:37
"possibly impossible"
Some think Haze might be the saving grace of the PS3. Although its still down as a multi-format game (though Ubisoft won’t confirm or deny the possibility of just sticking to a single format, it’s certainly too far progressed on other platforms for them just to drop it) the PS3 will get at least 3 months of exclusive play, as the game comes out in Q3 2007 and isn’t due for release on PC and Xbox 360 until 2008.

Obviously Sony aren’t pinning their hopes on a single game, but there is talk of Haze everywhere. Coming from the Timesplitters creative team and already looking like it has some cool new ideas to bring to the FPS table, it certainly looks like it will turn a few heads, especially launching so close to Halo 3.

Will it sell more consoles? Well, there are loads of would be PS3 owners who also happen to love FPS games and so far their heads have been turned to the 360, but having Haze as a timed exclusive during one of the busiest time of the year for selling consoles won’t hurt Sony at all.

So what does everyone think? Are exclusives a good thing? Are timed exclusives just a waste of time? Anyone looking forward to Haze on any platform?
Wed 06/06/07 at 09:35
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> Ubi are unhappy with the sales nubmers of both consoles and
> they've had a rather good year profit-wise.
>
> The shareholders will be calling for a multiformat release.

I'm pretty sure that's what was on the cards all along and hasn't changed. It's only that the PS3 may now be getting the timed exclusive.
Tue 05/06/07 at 21:41
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've been looking forward to Haze for nearly a year now.
Tue 05/06/07 at 05:56
Regular
"8==="
Ubi are unhappy with the sales nubmers of both consoles and they've had a rather good year profit-wise.

The shareholders will be calling for a multiformat release.
Mon 04/06/07 at 17:33
Regular
I think the next FR project will be for wii.
Mon 04/06/07 at 16:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Exclusives are only good for the console manufacturer, for the consumer they suck.

But yea the last type of game that would make people flock to the PS3 for is a FPS considering that's what the 360 does best
Mon 04/06/07 at 16:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The only thing that will save the PS3 is a price cut, ideally before the next GTA comes out. I've seen some trade-in offers recently of a 360+ £200 for a PS3, if they brought the price down by a £100 i think people would seriously consider that offer.
Mon 04/06/07 at 15:56
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Not sure any consumer can consider exclusives a good thing. After all, I want to play the most games as cheap as possible.

Anyway, its things like Folklore (if it turns out to be any good) that'll make me buy a PS3, not Haze. FPS of Haze's ilk are plentiful. Purchasing a new console to play yet another FPS doesnt hold any appeal to me.
Mon 04/06/07 at 14:37
"possibly impossible"
Some think Haze might be the saving grace of the PS3. Although its still down as a multi-format game (though Ubisoft won’t confirm or deny the possibility of just sticking to a single format, it’s certainly too far progressed on other platforms for them just to drop it) the PS3 will get at least 3 months of exclusive play, as the game comes out in Q3 2007 and isn’t due for release on PC and Xbox 360 until 2008.

Obviously Sony aren’t pinning their hopes on a single game, but there is talk of Haze everywhere. Coming from the Timesplitters creative team and already looking like it has some cool new ideas to bring to the FPS table, it certainly looks like it will turn a few heads, especially launching so close to Halo 3.

Will it sell more consoles? Well, there are loads of would be PS3 owners who also happen to love FPS games and so far their heads have been turned to the 360, but having Haze as a timed exclusive during one of the busiest time of the year for selling consoles won’t hurt Sony at all.

So what does everyone think? Are exclusives a good thing? Are timed exclusives just a waste of time? Anyone looking forward to Haze on any platform?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.