GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why get Xbox when you can get Gamecube!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
Gamecube has a huge a price difference because Xbox is 300 dollars!!!! But Gamecube is only 200 dollars!!!! They both go as smoother because they both go around 60 frames per second!!! In my opinion, i think that there are going to be better games. I just don't like the games that are coming out for Xbox and i love nintendo and playstation. I'm not making fun of America because i love this country but when was the last time they made a console. The last time was at like Atari. So trust me on getting Gamecube instead of Xbox!!!
Wed 05/12/01 at 22:10
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Y get the X-box at all even if it was the only console going? I really do hope that Nintendo step up their advertising this time. Last time not even many thrid parties advertised their games!
Wed 05/12/01 at 21:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Or†ega wrote:
> thats nothin....I know two people at the place I work still going around
> thinking the next Nintendo system is called dolphin.

Its been called
> Gamecube since August 2000!

Which proved my long running point that ninty are not publicising the console enough! It's hardly you friends' faults!

Sonic
Wed 05/12/01 at 00:45
Regular
thats nothin....I know two people at the place I work still going around thinking the next Nintendo system is called dolphin.

Its been called Gamecube since August 2000!
Tue 04/12/01 at 21:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
tyranitar_master wrote:
At least GC wont have blue screens of death like
> PCs and the Xbox (Cause it is roughly a PC init?

PLEASE say that was a joke??? Right???

Because if it wasn't, can I just say:

THE XBOX IS NOT A PC.

It is as much of a PC as the Dreamcast... in fact, the DC was more of a PC because half of its games used Windows CE OS, whereas the Xbox only uses Direct X.

Anyway, the fact is that, like any console, the Xbox will not "crash" show "blue screens of death" or need games to be installed on it...

It is just another games console! The only reason for the rumours about blue screens is the bad vibes MS send out!

Oh, and Strafex hit the nail on the head, except for one thing I don't disagree with...
Although you are totally correct about the Poly counts lowering, I still believe that the Xbox will, in a games environment, have more polys onscreen with full effects than the GC. However, having said that this will in no way make games better... that's dependant on the developers entirely.

Sonic
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nintendo need to release a huge advertising campaign to dispel that idea, and to promote the fact that the GC wil have/ has a lot of more adult/teenager orientated games - The '64 had pletny, but Mario was classed as a kids game, and so was Zelda - But both were far better than any adult game on the PS1 (MGS was the only one that came close, with FF& nearly there, but that had 'cartoony garphics') (!)
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:43
Regular
Sonic Rav is pretty much right.

Even though the Gamecube has many advantages over the Xbox and is a far better console in our opinions, it doesn't mean that the public will choose it.

Look at how the PS2 trounced the Dreamcast.

The Xbox has a big following.
Someone at school was telling me (by the way, this guy isn't an idiot and is only a semi-casual gamer) how the Xbox was so much better than the Gamecube because it was easy to convert PC games to and it did 150 million polygons a second compared to the Gamecube's 6-12.

WE all know that the Gamecube is just as easy, if not easier to make games for compared to the Xbox.
WE all know that the Gamecube's 6-12 million poly's are based around game conditions while the Xbox's 150 million are based around when the entire system is based around the graphics.
I tried to explain that the Xbox's polycount drops to nearly as low as the Gamecube during a game but he didn't seem to understand.

He also seemed to think that Nintendo systems were for 6-12 year olds...

The Gamecube is good and has a few titles (like Rogue Leader) which are amazing casual gamers, but it is yet to produce enough games to blow the mass market away.

WE know that Monkey Ball, Smash Brothers and Pikmin are top class.

That doesn't mean the system's main buyers do.
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:28
i like the gamecube and getting one the day it is released BUT has any one heard of what has happened on Rogue Leader on 90% of the games made....... they froze on level 3 bad news or what.

At least GC wont have blue screens of death like PCs and the Xbox (Cause it is roughly a PC init?
Mon 03/12/01 at 14:04
Regular
"DS..."
SonicRav wrote:
> That has nothing to do with the console... it's how they have programmed the
> game.

Anyhow, I think we can all agree that the xbox- with its huge
> advertising- is going to get a hell of a lot of attention from the media and the
> like.

The question is whether its price will put people off the
> consoles.

Personally, I think that the consoles are aimed at different
> markets, and that they will both do exceptionally well.

Sonic

but Gamecube will still do BETTER!
slik ~_~
Mon 03/12/01 at 12:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
That has nothing to do with the console... it's how they have programmed the game.

Anyhow, I think we can all agree that the xbox- with its huge advertising- is going to get a hell of a lot of attention from the media and the like.

The question is whether its price will put people off the consoles.

Personally, I think that the consoles are aimed at different markets, and that they will both do exceptionally well.

Sonic
Mon 03/12/01 at 12:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
That has nothing to do with the console... it's how they have programmed the game.

Anyhow, I think we can all agree that the xbox- with its huge advertising- is going to get a hell of a lot of attention from the media and the like.

The question is whether its price will put people off the consoles.

Personally, I think that the consoles are aimed at different markets, and that they will both do exceptionally well.

Sonicq

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.