GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Road Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/10 at 10:06
"possibly impossible"
The drivers in our area seem to be getting worse now. I've spoken before about speed limits and some driver's lack of being able to stick to them.

What really annoys me is when YOU stick to the speed limit and a driver behind you is getting angry and driving right up to the back of your car because THEY can't go faster than they are supposed to. No speed camera signs will deter them from their path, but if they're that intent on ignoring the rules then they can go past me on the wrong side of the road and risk their lives further. They don't, of course, because that would be too much like admtting they're wrong.

However, there are also bikers. Now I know there are a lot of motorbike riders who are sensible and only occasionally weave in and out of traffic, usually when it's slow or stopped. But the other day I had 2 of them weaving at 80 mph between cars, obviously racing each other. The day before that I had a bike pass within inches of my car on the right hand side, almost mounting the pavement to do it. All of these were faster than they should have gone.

Now these riders will probably be the first to complain about car drivers and if they get injured who are they going to blame? Probably not their own stupid recklessness, that's for sure. They spoil it for other bikers who ride well too.

And lastly, cyclists. I can understand that there are still a lack of cycle paths where there should be, I know that, but that doesn't mean you need to put pedestrians in danger by cycling on the pavement at top speed and expecting people to move for you. Have some courtesy.

{breathe}

Anyway, feel free to add your own horror stories about driving or even biking.
Thu 28/10/10 at 01:18
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I have to admit that being tail-gated really annoys me. My car is modified a fair bit as I done it all up before I had my wee family. But these silly boy racers constantly want to race me, not even putting up Child on Board signs make any difference.

Some people are just idiots.
Mon 25/10/10 at 12:07
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Can't say that I have any driving horror stories at the moment as I don't drive anywhere near as much as I used too. The thing about tailgaters is they do not stress me out, they make me chuckle and slow down...!

Not by much as I don't wish to be seen as being in their 'driving skills for idiots' class but if I'm doing 30 - 32 in a 30 limit I'll ease up and drive 28 - 30 instead.

Now I need to take the car for a short drive to town and hope I've not cursed myself here ><
Mon 25/10/10 at 10:22
Regular
"And in last place.."
I have to agree with the comments about drivers right on your tail. It's not uncommon for me to have that on the way to work. It's not a good road to overtake but they still go for it... clearly there are many drivers who can see round bends. And then there are those who can't. Been a few deaths on this road.

There is also a road heading north from Perth which is an eye opener. A lot of it is single carriageway and on a 90 mile trip north in the summer I was astonished to see how reckless some of them are. I had lorries that would have been in my boot if they were any closer, watched people pull out to overtake and then have to abort the overtake in a hurry and force their way back in. 3 killed in one incident on this road at the end of last week and it sounds like it was bad driving.
Mon 25/10/10 at 10:12
"possibly impossible"
Thing is, I know that I shouldn't get wound up by these drivers but I still do. It doesn't make me go faster it just stresses me out.
Mon 25/10/10 at 08:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I love the term "person to vroom vroom ratio". I may have to use it sometime when walking around town.

There are some idiotic drivers out there, it just means anyone not acting like an idiot needs to pay that little bit more attention.

EDIT: The thing about sticking to the speed limit with an irate driver behind you also annoys me. The thing is, ignore them where you can and keep going at your own speed. I hate it though!
Tue 12/10/10 at 13:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Having spent time around your area I can confirm that you suffer from a high silly person to vroom vroom ratio. In general I think these people believe that the speed limit and using their indicators are just guides and not actually the law.

Mod Edited: Please don't try to bypass the swear filter.

Nin Edited: Don't be ridiculous
Tue 12/10/10 at 10:06
"possibly impossible"
The drivers in our area seem to be getting worse now. I've spoken before about speed limits and some driver's lack of being able to stick to them.

What really annoys me is when YOU stick to the speed limit and a driver behind you is getting angry and driving right up to the back of your car because THEY can't go faster than they are supposed to. No speed camera signs will deter them from their path, but if they're that intent on ignoring the rules then they can go past me on the wrong side of the road and risk their lives further. They don't, of course, because that would be too much like admtting they're wrong.

However, there are also bikers. Now I know there are a lot of motorbike riders who are sensible and only occasionally weave in and out of traffic, usually when it's slow or stopped. But the other day I had 2 of them weaving at 80 mph between cars, obviously racing each other. The day before that I had a bike pass within inches of my car on the right hand side, almost mounting the pavement to do it. All of these were faster than they should have gone.

Now these riders will probably be the first to complain about car drivers and if they get injured who are they going to blame? Probably not their own stupid recklessness, that's for sure. They spoil it for other bikers who ride well too.

And lastly, cyclists. I can understand that there are still a lack of cycle paths where there should be, I know that, but that doesn't mean you need to put pedestrians in danger by cycling on the pavement at top speed and expecting people to move for you. Have some courtesy.

{breathe}

Anyway, feel free to add your own horror stories about driving or even biking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.