GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye bye ITV!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/11/01 at 19:29
Regular
I think that very soon we'll all be saying goodbye to the ITV's coverage of football. Everyone surely knows that Sky's got the best coverage, and it's much better to go Sky Digital rather than On/ITV Digital. ITV hve tried to expand into numerous channels so they can broaden their coverage, but I think what they have brought should go straight back to the BBC and Match of The day!!!

Have you ever watched 'The Premiership'??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIING!!!!!! And each highlight is only about 5 minutes long, not even half as long as the MoTd coverage. If you're a United fan you must wait untill the end of the show to see the goals they're currently conceeding. And last week, the premiership got less than 3 million viewers!!! Sky probably get at least 5 times that, on average for low numbers!! Newspaperstats have also shown how short the hoghlights are, and and the whole program in general compared to match of the day.

Have you ever watched the live football coverage on ITV??? NO COVERAGE (virtually)!!! No sooner has it started you're suddenly rusehed into a never-ending break. Andwhen that's over it's straight into the match. Boring, slow, with bad camera angles and dull commentary from Ron Atkinson.

Half time. Straight into a break, and when that finnishes it's 2 minutes of Ally McCoist in a language you cannot understand!! And back to the second half we go. Once again it's boring, slow and dull, and that's the way the match also turns as we near full time.

After full time, another long break, then back for 2/3 15 second interviews with the manager and a player from one team. Unless of course the other team speak English. Then it's time for nearly 10 minutes of McCoists alien language, and we say goodnight to Ally, Terry and Des as we await the days episode of Corination Street at half past ten.
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:13
Yep. ITV just do not know how to present football. They never have done a good job of it either. Anyone remember how bad Saint and Greavsie used to be - or am I just showing my age ?.
Thu 29/11/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that very soon we'll all be saying goodbye to the ITV's coverage of football. Everyone surely knows that Sky's got the best coverage, and it's much better to go Sky Digital rather than On/ITV Digital. ITV hve tried to expand into numerous channels so they can broaden their coverage, but I think what they have brought should go straight back to the BBC and Match of The day!!!

Have you ever watched 'The Premiership'??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIING!!!!!! And each highlight is only about 5 minutes long, not even half as long as the MoTd coverage. If you're a United fan you must wait untill the end of the show to see the goals they're currently conceeding. And last week, the premiership got less than 3 million viewers!!! Sky probably get at least 5 times that, on average for low numbers!! Newspaperstats have also shown how short the hoghlights are, and and the whole program in general compared to match of the day.

Have you ever watched the live football coverage on ITV??? NO COVERAGE (virtually)!!! No sooner has it started you're suddenly rusehed into a never-ending break. Andwhen that's over it's straight into the match. Boring, slow, with bad camera angles and dull commentary from Ron Atkinson.

Half time. Straight into a break, and when that finnishes it's 2 minutes of Ally McCoist in a language you cannot understand!! And back to the second half we go. Once again it's boring, slow and dull, and that's the way the match also turns as we near full time.

After full time, another long break, then back for 2/3 15 second interviews with the manager and a player from one team. Unless of course the other team speak English. Then it's time for nearly 10 minutes of McCoists alien language, and we say goodnight to Ally, Terry and Des as we await the days episode of Corination Street at half past ten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.