GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeling old now."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/10 at 20:29
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Was just sitting here watching old videos of ZX Spectrum and Master System games when my daughter sat beside me.

"This is what games were like when I was your age" I said.

It's funny how feelings of nostalgia can make you feel good, but also so very very old.....lol.

On the plus side she still thought the games looked fun though.

:)
Wed 13/10/10 at 20:33
"possibly impossible"
Speedball II is coming to the iPhone soon folks. That should rekindle a few old memories.
Wed 13/10/10 at 15:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I let myself wander down memory lane but it started to get dark and scary so I ran back... :D

I remember playing a type of computer adventure game but it was just green text on a black background. After killing myself several times in the same place the game asked me if I was a "sado-masochist". At this point I quit until the Megadrive and Sonic the Hedgehog. I have a thing about hedgehogs so this seemed to be a natural thing for me to try

After that it was straight onto the playstation. A friend of a friend was selling it, again with a sonic game, and they asked if I'd like to buy it. I hasten to add that at this point I did check with hubby first. He said if I wanted it then he wasn't going to stop me and the rest, as they say, is history.

In fact, with that thought in mind, the next time he complains about me spending time on the consoles I will remind him that my addiction is ALL HIS FAULT! :D
Tue 12/10/10 at 16:35
Regular
Butch wrote:
Sean_NE wrote:
[i]l remember playing Spellbound on spectrum

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJykX4s9MtQ lol

Spellbound was awesome, I loved the sequel, Knight Tyme, more though.[/i]

There were 2 sequels to Finders Keepers?! I'm still learning new stuff about the Speccy after all this time!
Tue 12/10/10 at 16:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Anyone remember Cannon Fodder on the Amiga? Great game. Caused a bit of trouble at the time of release though!
Transport Tycoon also had me wasting several hours, along with Stunts in DOS on a 386.
Tue 12/10/10 at 15:20
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
WOW, half of them I've never even heard of. I remember having an old Binatone Colour TV Game System though. Don't know when it started production though, well before my time.
Fri 08/10/10 at 00:43
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
I'm not sure what the first game I played was. I think it was Space Invaders, but I'm honestly not sure. I do know that I owned one of these, which was definitely my first console!
Thu 07/10/10 at 08:55
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sean_NE wrote:
l remember playing Spellbound on spectrum

Spellbound was awesome, I loved the sequel, Knight Tyme, more though.
Wed 06/10/10 at 21:31
"possibly impossible"
Nin wrote:
I had this cursed thing.

Galaxy Invader]

Had something similar to that but in blue (I think). Got broke by someone at school though, must have been secondary school so mid to late 80's.
Wed 06/10/10 at 20:13
Regular
l remember playing Spellbound on spectrum

Wed 06/10/10 at 17:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I had this cursed thing.

Galaxy Invader]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.