GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's an insult to true English (not Brittish) football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 19:08
Regular
It really is!!! I mean having a Swedish manager and coaching team!!! Aswell as a Scotsman, only 35, without a clue as to how to play football, incharge of the FA!!!!!

Yes, England may be doing well under Eriksson, but it's still not right having our Englishmen, born and bread here, bossed around by, and told to play like a johnny-foreigner from Sweden!!! I was furious when I heard Eriksson was appointed, and I won't be happy untill a real Englishman is re-opointed back in for the job!! Not just some rich, bold foreigner who uses a national team to get in the good books at a bigger, richer club than Lazio, eg. MAN UNITED!!!!! I cannot support my own country untill this disaster is sorted!! And being a Man United fan I will be furious if he's appointed United's new manager (being a United fan)!!!

And why is a 35 year old Jock (old enough to still be playing football) incharge of a highly important part of the English game???? ARE THEY ALL MAD??? He should have been sacked, especially after he messed up the Wembley project, leaving England as an embaressment with no national stadium!!!! My view is that he's some kind of spy from Scotland, using some kind of evil trickery to get to the top job and destroy England from the indide!!! Tell me ONE GOOD THING he's done for our country!!!!! (NO!! Appointing Eriksson doesn't count!!!)

I mean no offence to any Swedish or Scottish people in writting this, I am just strongly venting my feelings towards the situation.
Fri 30/11/01 at 21:36
Regular
(lol at Sheepy)

How i see it, the manager is important to the success of the team, just like the players (if not, why the fuss anyway, obviously), and so should have the same rules of eligability as the players do. If we had the brazilian team playing for england, we'd do better, but it wouldn't be england doing well, it'd be brazil. Hence if we have a foreign manager, for all the success, it's kind of defeating the point of it being england.

For the england - germany match (i think it was that one, could have been another) in sweden there were as many people watching the england game as the swedish one!

Funny how all the critics shut up about this topic when england started doing well though : )
Fri 30/11/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Scotland sucks so does patriotism.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:48
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I think the French system is good. They are only allowed 21 players (correct me if that number's wrong) over the age of 21 in the squad. There is no way any team can win a championship with only 21 players now a days, which encourages youth policies. Hence the French success over the last five years.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The GingerLord wrote:
> Who cares where the manager comes from. As a United fan are you annoyed that you
> have Veron and van Nistelrooy in your team? They aren't from Manchester.
> Neithers Beckham, he should really be playing West Ham according to your theory.
> I mean, when Celtic won the European Cup, the majority of their team came from
> the immediate area, and all were Scottish.

It's different in club football! You need foreign talent from Europe and elsewhere to compete with teams in Europe that are full of French, Italians andSouth Americans. Otherwise English clubs would be a humiliation in Europe, outskilled by the Italian and Spanish teams!!

I also think Martin O'Neill would've been the best ever England manager! The enthusiasm he adds to any team is incredible!! But for an English bloke i'd say..........Peter Beardsley!!! LOL!! He's got a lot of experience!!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:27
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
steve "the judas" bruce is available and english
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:03
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Who cares where the manager comes from. As a United fan are you annoyed that you have Veron and van Nistelrooy in your team? They aren't from Manchester. Neithers Beckham, he should really be playing West Ham according to your theory. I mean, when Celtic won the European Cup, the majority of their team came from the immediate area, and all were Scottish.

As for the Wembley fiasco, as far as I can see, Adam Crozier has had little to do with it. Or at least has had no more than a lot of others.

But hey, if you want an English manager, I hear Howard Wilkinson does a lot of good things for England.....oh, what's that? Not so bothered about Erikkson now? Oh alright then!
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I see no problem with Eriksson being the England manager.

But then, I'd have no problems with Giggs playing for England :)

Come to think of it, we ought to let Macmanaman back in the side really. He does keep getting picked for Real Madrid, so he must be doing something right.

I guess he's our equivalent of David Ginola. A class player who really found his class when we went abroad, but never really got a proper chance in his national squad.

Ah... I think I've strayed from the topic.

Anyhow, I agree that the whole wembley fiasco was a complete mess.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:47
Regular
Can I smell xenophobia?

So who would you choose to be England manager? Obviously he'd have to be English. Don't say Tez Venables because it's never going to happen.

So who's left.....? - Perhaps Fergie, a Scot. That'd sought it.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It really is!!! I mean having a Swedish manager and coaching team!!! Aswell as a Scotsman, only 35, without a clue as to how to play football, incharge of the FA!!!!!

Yes, England may be doing well under Eriksson, but it's still not right having our Englishmen, born and bread here, bossed around by, and told to play like a johnny-foreigner from Sweden!!! I was furious when I heard Eriksson was appointed, and I won't be happy untill a real Englishman is re-opointed back in for the job!! Not just some rich, bold foreigner who uses a national team to get in the good books at a bigger, richer club than Lazio, eg. MAN UNITED!!!!! I cannot support my own country untill this disaster is sorted!! And being a Man United fan I will be furious if he's appointed United's new manager (being a United fan)!!!

And why is a 35 year old Jock (old enough to still be playing football) incharge of a highly important part of the English game???? ARE THEY ALL MAD??? He should have been sacked, especially after he messed up the Wembley project, leaving England as an embaressment with no national stadium!!!! My view is that he's some kind of spy from Scotland, using some kind of evil trickery to get to the top job and destroy England from the indide!!! Tell me ONE GOOD THING he's done for our country!!!!! (NO!! Appointing Eriksson doesn't count!!!)

I mean no offence to any Swedish or Scottish people in writting this, I am just strongly venting my feelings towards the situation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.