GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What gamers want"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
I thought this was a very interesting subject.

>So, what do gamers want?

It obviously hasn't been answered yet because there hasn't been the perfect game yet, because newer games have often been hailed as "the best yet" etc. These games have been aided by the technological advances in the industry, but also the companies have been learning and making the appropriate improvements. There have been many good games produced since consoles were invented, and i would say that 99% had something unique or special about them that was new or wanted.(eg. helicopter flying in GTA:VC, the relatively new idea of stealth modes, etc.) These appear to be the things that gamers want.

I don't think there will ever be a perfect game; because the quality of a game is purely measured by the opinions of people and as society moves and the times change, so will peoples' moods and ideas.(and technology...) There will always be room for improvement. What for you does the industry need or you want?
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:37
Regular
gamers want beverage cup holders on their joypads, a free bag of popcorn with each game, and infra red joypads that don't need any batteries.
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
damn it, i thought this was interesting and would bring up some good ideas, but i guess youre all just lazy and waiting for the companies to read your minds and produce the next piece of goodness.

*shakes fist*
>"shake harder boy" he hears
*shakes fist harder and with an angrier face*
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I thought this was a very interesting subject.

>So, what do gamers want?

It obviously hasn't been answered yet because there hasn't been the perfect game yet, because newer games have often been hailed as "the best yet" etc. These games have been aided by the technological advances in the industry, but also the companies have been learning and making the appropriate improvements. There have been many good games produced since consoles were invented, and i would say that 99% had something unique or special about them that was new or wanted.(eg. helicopter flying in GTA:VC, the relatively new idea of stealth modes, etc.) These appear to be the things that gamers want.

I don't think there will ever be a perfect game; because the quality of a game is purely measured by the opinions of people and as society moves and the times change, so will peoples' moods and ideas.(and technology...) There will always be room for improvement. What for you does the industry need or you want?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.