GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leave Barthez alone!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 17:19
Regular
I think everbody should stop critisizing Fabien Barthez for the mistakes he has made THIS season. Everyone saw last season how fantastic he was, even with the ball at his feet!! And we all saw in the end, how important he was for United to regain the Premiership, yet again!!!

Yes, he has made terrible mistakes and big blunders in all sorts of games, big or small. But as the number 1 goalkeeper of currently the world's number one national side, he deserves the respect and support from every other football fan, to keep him going in the game, and help him to regain his top quality status. For both Manchester United's sake, and more importantly for his national side!!!

Every top player makes bad mistakes, and every top team has at least one month a year, where their form becomes patchy. And whoever they are, they always recover, and I believe that Fab will too!! How many times did he cause an embarassment to the top strikers in Europe last season??? Throgh the legs, drag-backs, anything you can think of, he tried it! And succeeded at almost every attempt!!! His 'new-found-talent' and creativity entertained the Old Trafford faithfull and helped revive the dying buzz of a the match. It's probably a big reason why Fergie's retiring at the end of the season, but hopefully it'll be a long time yet, before 'the Fab man' hangs up his gloves (and boots of course!!).

All the critisism floating around the media, and then continuing around the rest of the world won't help the number one French keeper get back to his best, and neither will it help to turn around United's nightmare season!! So if everyone stops moaning and gets behind to back Fabien Barthez, he'll soon be back to his best and so will United!! He's the best keeper we've got, and had since Schmeichel. We can't rely on Carrol or Van Der Gouw for consistency at the top level!! And I'm sure United wouldn't even dream of replacing the top man with another foreign import! You won't find anyone even close to his abillity, not even world-wide!! It would only make things even worse.

Who's with me???
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:50
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Barthez is paid not to make mistakes.

And if you hadn't guessed from the other half-dozen-posts-I've-made-on-the-similar-topics, I reckon Roy Carroll is world class level, and should be given a try.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:00
Unless your a Man Utd fan or you are French no one is really going to care much about Barthez. At the moment his mistakes are proving very entertaining and if things carry on as they are we will have a very hotly contested Premiership season - which is very healthy.

I expect Fergie will continue with him as No1 for the timebeing but I doubt he will tolerate many more mistakes. Fergie has never been afraid to drop goalkeepers. I seem to remember Jim Leighton being dropped by Fergie for an FA Cup final in favour of Les Sealey - who sadly died recently.
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:43
NO ONE!
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
OF COURSE HE WON'T BE DROPPED!!!!! He simply can't be, especially with Carrol and Van Der Gouw as his only backup!! If he was dropped he'd probably want to leave immeadiatly, but Fergie knows what a great player he really is, and that he must now do everthing that's best for the club to turn their dreadfull season around!!

Taibi wasn't qorld class, no-one had heard of him, he had no reputation outside of Italy. Barthez is the complete opposite!!
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:36
I have just basically written about this, making a very similar point.

*EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES*

Do you think that he will be dropped? I mean, Taibi was dropped for making a mistake wasn't he (and he wasn't very good).
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think everbody should stop critisizing Fabien Barthez for the mistakes he has made THIS season. Everyone saw last season how fantastic he was, even with the ball at his feet!! And we all saw in the end, how important he was for United to regain the Premiership, yet again!!!

Yes, he has made terrible mistakes and big blunders in all sorts of games, big or small. But as the number 1 goalkeeper of currently the world's number one national side, he deserves the respect and support from every other football fan, to keep him going in the game, and help him to regain his top quality status. For both Manchester United's sake, and more importantly for his national side!!!

Every top player makes bad mistakes, and every top team has at least one month a year, where their form becomes patchy. And whoever they are, they always recover, and I believe that Fab will too!! How many times did he cause an embarassment to the top strikers in Europe last season??? Throgh the legs, drag-backs, anything you can think of, he tried it! And succeeded at almost every attempt!!! His 'new-found-talent' and creativity entertained the Old Trafford faithfull and helped revive the dying buzz of a the match. It's probably a big reason why Fergie's retiring at the end of the season, but hopefully it'll be a long time yet, before 'the Fab man' hangs up his gloves (and boots of course!!).

All the critisism floating around the media, and then continuing around the rest of the world won't help the number one French keeper get back to his best, and neither will it help to turn around United's nightmare season!! So if everyone stops moaning and gets behind to back Fabien Barthez, he'll soon be back to his best and so will United!! He's the best keeper we've got, and had since Schmeichel. We can't rely on Carrol or Van Der Gouw for consistency at the top level!! And I'm sure United wouldn't even dream of replacing the top man with another foreign import! You won't find anyone even close to his abillity, not even world-wide!! It would only make things even worse.

Who's with me???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.