GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Re-releases"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 21:21
Regular
First, acknowledgement to solskjaer_24 for inspiring this topic with a post in 'i don't understand this'. Thanks.

Between now and the gamecube's european release, if nintendo were to issue re-releases, in 'player's choice' style, of great n64 games, what would you chose to include in the line up?
(Not suggesting it will (or won't) happen, just for the best n64 games out there)

My 'player's choice' line-up:

Mario 64
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
Zelda OoT
Super Smash Bros
Mario Golf
Tue 27/11/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Thanks Dr. Duck!
Dr. Duck: "Hi everybody!!"
Everybody: "Hi Dr. Duck!!"

Some of the mentioned games are still available, but if they'd all been stopped and removed from shelves i'd have to say:

-Zelda 1+2
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Perfect Dark
-Goldeneye
-Conker's BFD
-The WHOLE ISS series (because of the hillarious commentary on ISS 64!!)
-1080 Snowboarding
-South Park Rally (possibly??)
-Donkey Kong 64
and a couple more that I can't think f right now.
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:41
Regular
Oh, and the harvester bosses - agh. Not enough opportunity to practice with the damned special vehicle, ended up skidding waywardly around the place like a novice ice skater feeling the need for speed. While fighting a giant insect.
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:38
Regular
Yeah, i liked body harvest.
The puzzles were good, if not zelda-like, but i got to the 50s or 60s america level, and it all got a bit too hard. I kind of went off it then, probably got something more appealing than battling with the awkward controls, but i expect i'll go back to it one of these days.
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:30
Now I think about it it wasn't that bad. And a Nintendo system game with some gore! Funniest bit was probably the early level with the Fires to put out and the villagers running around being eaten by Insects :)

Massive Motion Sickness from this game though. Probably due to the graphics...

Grim Metal's Brain - "I think I'm moving but it sure doesn't look real!" *YAK*
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:26
Regular
Body Harvest wasn't that bad, the graphics where rank, the controls where preety slow and unresponsive but there was some fun to be had, the planes where damn good fun. I can remember crashing on a slope near some lava getting out the plane then it started slipping down the side, so I jumped back in movie style and pulled the plane back into the air just before it hit the lava, classic gaming.

That's a game that need an update me thinks, with nice nice graphics and a better control system the game could be a classic.
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:25
Cooky wrote:
> > So many good games too choose from, I would have to say

Carmageddon
> 64

Clayfighter 63.3

Superman

Body Harvest

I can't believe I spent a good few weeks on Body Harvest! Carmageddon I had 1 play and put it down. yep thats right folks! Im the man that purchased Body Harvest AND Camageddon ;)
Mon 26/11/01 at 23:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE MIGHTY BODY HARVEST !!!

;-)

I would have Rogue Squadron, Mario Kart 64, Lylatwars, Perfect Dark, Zelda OOT, Killer Instinct Gold (cos it's sooo hard to find) :( and Jet Force Gemini!
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cooky wrote:
> > So many good games too choose from, I would have to say

Carmageddon
> 64

Clayfighter 63.3

Superman

Body Harvest

LOL!
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
> So many good games too choose from, I would have to say

Carmageddon 64

Clayfighter 63.3

Superman

Body Harvest
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:35
Regular
So many good games too choose from, I would have to say

Perfect Dark
Banjo Tooie
Conkers BFD
San Fransisco Rush 2049
DK64
Operation Winback
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.