GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Jedi Knight Outcast really this bad..?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jedi Knight 2'.
Sat 12/04/03 at 14:03
Regular
I've just recently played a demo of JKO and was appalled to find that it is almost impossible to hit the enemy with your blaster or any other projectile weapon. Please tell me this problem is only in the demo?

Storm Troopers approach, I aim my target cursor directly at them and fire, and... well, the laser shots just miss? HUH?

JKO must have the worst collision detection in gaming history, or at least the demo does.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:03
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Gin Soaked Shanks wrote:

> Wont it really be all of them?
>
> Since (according to the bax) Jedi Knight is Dark Forces2, and Jedi
> Outcast is Jedi Knight2?

Yeah it is, I was just being sentimental. I just prefer the Dark Forces title because it sounds much cooler :)
Tue 15/04/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
WickedWare wrote:
> Jedi Outcast 2.
>
> Wish it was a Dark Forces title.

Wont it really be all of them?

Since (according to the bax) Jedi Knight is Dark Forces2, and Jedi Outcast is Jedi Knight2?
Tue 15/04/03 at 16:39
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Gin Soaked Shanks wrote:

> Will that be Jedi Outcast2? or Jedi Knight3? or Dark Forces4?

Jedi Outcast 2.

Wish it was a Dark Forces title.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:52
Regular
outcast rocks, it was either the demo or the way your pc was set up to play it.

purchase it asap and enjoy
Sun 13/04/03 at 21:23
Regular
it is a brilliant game online with force powers and no weapons other than thew saber and try and remake some of your favorite scenes from star wars
Sun 13/04/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ashley wrote:
> im not a huge star wars game fan, but i thought Jedi knight 2 was
> pretty amazing

I thought it was quite a lot of fun...

I have high hopes for the sequal later this year (Christmas time?)

Will that be Jedi Outcast2? or Jedi Knight3? or Dark Forces4?
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:12
Regular
im not a huge star wars game fan, but i thought Jedi knight 2 was pretty amazing
Sat 12/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
It must just be the demo... I played Jedi Outcast when it came out, and the collisoin detection was fine?
Sat 12/04/03 at 14:03
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I've just recently played a demo of JKO and was appalled to find that it is almost impossible to hit the enemy with your blaster or any other projectile weapon. Please tell me this problem is only in the demo?

Storm Troopers approach, I aim my target cursor directly at them and fire, and... well, the laser shots just miss? HUH?

JKO must have the worst collision detection in gaming history, or at least the demo does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.