GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown 3 Sucks..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 14:13
Regular
I f***** brought a whole PS2 for that.. and its let me down BIG time!

Story mode? dont make me laugh!!!!

I mean i went through it within an hour... i won the championship with..... A CREATED SUPERSTAR, how UNREALISTIC is that??????? People like the Created superstars should go through a season, a career beofore that have a chance.. to even APPEAR at Raw.... I also disagree with the idea that u can CHOOSE to be a CHAMPION!, yes i think u should be able to choose the superstar... but as soon as u do.. the title should be striped from you!, not just meet the challenger and win... :(

The story mode has let me down.. period.

I also hate when THQ hyped up the crowd's involement and the involvment of the commentators..... and what happened????? i walked into a load of carboard cutouts!, i went to meet Tazz... but not the "real" tazz... i saw the TAZZ STANDEE!!!!!!!!, i thought we could beat em up? you know to get crowd heat? or see special commentators dissing u so u have to beat em up.... we were promised this and more!... but yet we didnt recieve!

The table matches are also a joke!... you set up the table, irish whip em on to it... run to the turnbuckle.... jump off the turnbuckle.. and youve won the match... ohhhh a great 30 seconds of the game :(...

I havent even bothered to go through the story mode, again and agian to get secrets - ill wait till i get a cheat cartridge!

Interferrances are Unrealistic.. i mean if a superstar comes down to the ring.. all u gotta to is run outside the ring... wait to the superstar has come out to get you... then enter the ring again.. and you can almost carry the match on as normal!!!, they just stand there!

I had a match.... hell in the cell... i did about 10 rock bottoms and 3 peoples elbows and scoop slammed him throuh the top.. then faarooq just gets up - does ONE dominator and wins.... grrrrr

WHERES THE BLOOD????? THQ said when they were in production of Smackdown One... they said "we are going to focus on other areas of the game"... okay fair enough.. but smackdown 3 is rated a FIFTEEN! and as this is a UPDATED smackdown 1, and they have had plenty of time... so why no blood?

Whats happend to PAIN.... you hit someone about 50 times with a chair and they just get up (yes very slowly but they still manage to get up) and the continue the match as usual!, u throw em agains a wall... and they just stop at the wall and turn round!... When a car hits you, you slide like your on ice!!!! OMFG! no pain?

Also... when in a 8-man or royal rumble... and you "focus" on one player.... another hits you... and you have to press R2 about 50 million times to get on that player... and by the time you get there - you a$s has been handed to ya... also i was told that player indicators helps.... well they would if they wernt so rubbish!... all the cours blend... so u dont really know who your fighting... and they look all pastell/neon so they look the same.. and having them float really sucks... what ever happened to good ol' indicators at the players feet?

Updated graphics? the only updated graphics were on the head... and then it was a bit "cartoony" and things like kurk angle's suit looked sucked to his body, they TEXTURED the b!oddy suits on and not MODELLED em :(

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

Things i liked:

* - Referee
* - More Realistic Wrestling
* - Slobberknocker
* - Its fun to play!
* - YES THEY WEAR BELTS!

:D

But if i were you i would stick to the Playstation 1...

And if you havent already go and buy these:

WWF ATTITIDE
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=6312
^ Its not the best - and its outdated but it beats smackdown 3 for fun factor :)

WWF SMACKDOWN TWO
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=8635
^ Its better than 3, its a little slow, but its more enjoyable :D

ALL WHAT I HAVE SAID ON THIS POST ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!!

P.S >> I CANT WAIT FOR SMACKDOWN 4 IF ALL THE ABOVE ARE FIXED!

P.P.S >> I ALSO CANT WAIT FOR WRESTLING LEDGENS! /
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=1000225804
Sun 09/12/01 at 17:54
"cheerios"
I admit it is a bit unrealistic but it's really fun.
gaming is about how fun the game is, not how realistic it is. the reason they don't have blood is because they signed a contract when they made the very first game, so i'm sorry, none of the games will have blood.

If they made it realistic you would be out in the first second.

the reason they made it so the chairs don't hurt you is that it would be unfair and very boring for the person on the receiving end because you would be lieing there for half an hour if you got hit a few times even.

the game itself is fun and has very good new matches. the graphics can't be that good (can't you see it's ps2). it's not updated because it was made at least 6 months ago. all the faults have reasons you know. the only thing im saying is that the story mode is a bit short + pointless. I think it's a lot more fun if you play with other people in certain matches. it would have bheen better if they had a few more superstars and types of matches but the game couldn't fit on onje disk and it would be annoying.

Well in smackdown 4 they might correct these faults if you keep on complaining but remember, this game was rushed and therefore not up to its standards in some places.

if sony makes a better console then the game would be better and if it is not rushed then it will be amazing

thanx
Sat 01/12/01 at 15:54
Regular
as i said i am dissapointed in this game because i was hoping to buy this but now i will buy SSX Tricky
Sat 01/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Big Red Machine wrote:
> Ahh, everyone is saying how crap it is has put me off getting it :'(
What you
> think i shud do every1??

Get it anyway. It is worth it, even if it was rushed out and didn't live up to the hype that was put in front of the release.
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:23
Smackdown 3 is a disapotment to all wwf fans and should be recreate again so that it is season like smackdown2 and the table should have been change so that you can't just fall off by walk.

and the people who talk in the match are so crap "the last ride, the last ride" the same with the rock bottom ad what the hell the angle slam what the hell is that suppose to mean I change everything if I could the people who talk crap I would say "the rock got lock in he got it he got rock bottom lock in"

Sign by the people player
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:52
Lord Of Darkness wrote:
> LOL!

Dont ya just love the A.I????????????

When you are down... all 7
> other people WAIT till u get up and all pounce on u like a leach!

LOL!!

all 7 go for you!?
Tue 27/11/01 at 21:59
LOL!

Dont ya just love the A.I????????????

When you are down... all 7 other people WAIT till u get up and all pounce on u like a leach!

LOL!!
Tue 27/11/01 at 01:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I like the game in that it has addictive gameplay despite its downfalls - which of course are plenty after all our expectations. But i've found that me and a few of my friends have just played it non-stop. We're starting an idea to create our own "league" type thing with single wrestlers and tag teams - mainly using our created characters and stuff. Maybe some of you can do something similar as this with your friends if your enjoying the game in this way too.

Legends of Wrestling - really looking forward to that ! My favourite wrestler of all time is in it - Bret Hart :-)

By the way, looking through the create a wrestler, i've really noticed parts throughout that really hint towards the possibility of creating Bret Hart, has anyone come accross a site or anything that says that its possible or even better give the instructions on how to accurately create him ?
Mon 26/11/01 at 22:51
I like Smackdown3. Story mode does annoy me, though. It's basically a slightly convoluted way of choosing which belt you get to win after 2 or three fights. Once you've won a belt with a character that's it. It feels like you have more control than in previous season modes, but only the first once or twice. Also, it's far too short. If they could combine the Season idea with the ability to run stories (not necessarily focused on titles) whilst continuing the same season after the storyline is over, it might work better. The crowd look crap, too. The actual wrestling part of the game rules, though it's much harder to get an opponent in the right place for a finisher than in SD2. Haven't decided if this is good or bad yet. My major gripe is that I've just moved 600 miles from London to Edinburgh, and I don't know anyone here who'll play it with me yet :( Sigh...
Mon 26/11/01 at 22:20
Regular
Ahh, everyone is saying how crap it is has put me off getting it :'(
What you think i shud do every1??
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:19
ANT was right saying it is the best game out after all. i was upset too but atleast its better than smackdown2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.