GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crimson Sea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Crimson Sea'.
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:18
Regular
I was surprised to see this on the shelf in GAME today - another "Xbox Exclusive". Looks quite good, sort of like Gun Valkyrie except with hordes of enemies and better effects.

I was just wondering if anyone has played it and how you'd rate it? SR don't have it on their database yet.
Sun 20/04/03 at 08:35
Regular
"Laughingstock"
beanz wrote:
> as for malice...is that actually out yet? and i think it looks like a
> really shoddy game...well let's wait and see how it turns out!

It's out this Friday according to Special Reserve.
Anyway, I swapped Crimson Cr@p for Shenmue 2. I've got it on Dreamcast but I thought I should support "the cause".
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
beanz wrote:
> hmm i'm not sure you should swap for kung fu chaos...that's had really mixed reviews...and also it seems like very short term fun

I like the style of it. It plays like powerstone except its more creative and there's loads of humour too.

I agree that it probaly s short lived, but it would be an ideal multiplayer.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
hmm i'm not sure you should swap for kung fu chaos...that's had really mixed reviews...and also it seems like very short term fun
haven't played yager...
as for malice...is that actually out yet? and i think it looks like a really shoddy game...well let's wait and see how it turns out!
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Mantis wrote:
> If you enjoy discovering less known games, from the demos i've played
> Yager and Kunf Fu Chaos are well worth a look.

Yeah, I might swap Crimson sea for one of those, or perhaps Malice: Kat's Tale.

And beanz, you were right :)
Fri 18/04/03 at 01:45
Regular
"accidental superher"
told you it was an underwhelming experience black glove :D
Thu 17/04/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
If you enjoy discovering less known games, from the demos i've played Yager and Kunf Fu Chaos are well worth a look.
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It plays like Gun Valkyrie without the dynamic jet-pack.

The magic is good - like a firework display, and the hordes of enemies on the screen at one time is reasonably impressive, but the gameworld is so bland that all that doesn't matter. Horrible.
The control is on the dodgy side, and the normal shooting is fairly weak.

It's no coincidence that Koei released this game without any hoo-har. It's painfully mediocre at best, and I'm the kind of gamer you enjoys discovering non-AAA titles, that's why I bought it hoping for something unique and different. But sadly this is painfully bad in my opinion.

Devil May Cry wipes the floor with it.
Wed 16/04/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
So the 1000 enemies on screen is just a load of crap then?

Does it play like Devil May Cry at all?
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Bought this game today.

Now I can put up with the slightly iffy control system, the repetitive blasting gameplay, and the fact that the lead character has a Duran Duran mullet - but one thing I can't endure is a dull-looking gameworld. And Crimson Sea's gameworld is the DULLest I've ever seen!

Bland textures and non-existent detail. Totally uninspiring. Do I want to see what's round the next corner? NO. Dull.

Looking at the box-art I was expecting some kind of lush futuristic fantasy land, but all we get is a 99% grey faceless world. Needles to say, it's going back.
Tue 15/04/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Hmm, I have read that there are problems with the camera and controls. Pity. Still I might have to try it out for myself. I'll probably rent it, if anyone has got it in. Thanks for the input beanz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.