GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shopping Bags: A Conspiracy."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/09/10 at 22:27
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
With supermarkets trying to abolish plastic bags, it seems to me that in order to force consumers to buy their 'bags for life' bags they have now taken the strategic decision to give all non conformers crappy thinner bags.

Is this a secret government conspiracy to 'aid' in the effort to encourage recycling? The 2litre bottle that exploded on me after succuming to the dreaded 'bursting bag' phenomenon says yes........
Sat 25/09/10 at 17:31
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nin wrote:
> and then the stupid plastic bags conspire to stick together,

Lick your forefinger and thumb. The plastic bags open easily with this little trick.

I bought into the whole bag for life drive. So much so that I have so many of the stupid things in my car they probably will last my lifetime. I have so many because I kept forgetting to take them into the supermarket with me and then buying more. Now I'm back on the thin ones but as they only go from trolley to car to house it's not really a problem.
Sat 25/09/10 at 14:40
Regular
"How Ironic"
There was the recent investigation on Watchdog about supermarkets, most notably Tesco, making bags alot thinner and apparently degradable. The problem was, as I've experienced numerous times, is that the bags break very easily, so much so that you're forced to use another bag inside the original bag. Not really saving the environment much...
Sat 25/09/10 at 12:32
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Well there is that too lol.
Fri 24/09/10 at 23:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was expecting this to focus on the conspiracy to make me look stupid every week.
Every time I go into Tescos I'm asked if I want help with packing my bags, and like the big 27 year old boy that I am, I always turn it down, and then the stupid plastic bags conspire to stick together, making me look like a moron to the ever growing queue that's forming up behind.
Fri 24/09/10 at 22:27
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
With supermarkets trying to abolish plastic bags, it seems to me that in order to force consumers to buy their 'bags for life' bags they have now taken the strategic decision to give all non conformers crappy thinner bags.

Is this a secret government conspiracy to 'aid' in the effort to encourage recycling? The 2litre bottle that exploded on me after succuming to the dreaded 'bursting bag' phenomenon says yes........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.