GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME]Halo Reach"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo: Reach'.
Thu 16/09/10 at 00:37
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
*HAS BEEN REMOVED*
Tue 21/09/10 at 22:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Going to go mentally off the current topic now and actually on the subject of a review for Halo Reach.Is this game actually any good or is it just like all of it's ridiculously hyped and stupidly overrated predecessors ?.I enjoy a decent FPS now and again but Halo 3 was a big 'meh' for me .Is this just more of the same or is it actually a decent game which is at least partially 'noob friendly' ?.If I have to spend an evening listening to screaming 14 year olds questioning my sexuality whilst claiming to be having a relationship with my mother I'll give it a miss and get F1 2010 instead (seeing as this years MotoGP and World Superbike installments were both huge let downs).
Tue 21/09/10 at 16:41
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha I know you care about the forums really ;)
Tue 21/09/10 at 16:38
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
My work here is done, I shall sleep better tonight knowing I've made the world a better place*.

* and annoyed Warhunt into the bargain. :p
Tue 21/09/10 at 15:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
Thanks for the clear up Warhunt :)

I will make sure to moderate by these rules in the future.

@Halo - I strongly suggest you stick around, and try writing some of your own content, or even just join in with the forum banter. It takes awhile to adjust to the forums, but once you have adjusted, I guarantee you'll be back daily ;D
Tue 21/09/10 at 14:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I think the use of "DO NOT plagiarise!" is quite clear. And those users who always post reviews are not really unhappy with this concept.

Although for the reasons already discussed, you can use content with links to owner as long as the content suggests that is ok.

This has been discussed time and again, and is in the rules and conditions. I don't think any more is needed.

[s] Have clarified the advice post but can't see SIlent thread you are on about. must be from a while ago.

EDIT: Nevermind found it now. I'll make sure it is spelled out fully in both these posts.

2nd EDIT: To tidy up and sound less of an angry beast.
Tue 21/09/10 at 13:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Might I suggest Silent Thunder's post is updated then so it mentions the permission part and just not the credit bit. Also the "GAD Advice: Submissions" thread kinda suggests permission is optional too*.

I still think it would be a good idea to have the review writing advice in the actual review forum (as well).
Tue 21/09/10 at 13:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Thanks but I don't think luck is what the forums need :)

Incidentally, no one wants to see you leave, just stop posting content that doesn't belong to you. I really hope you have not been offended because of these discussions recently.
Tue 21/09/10 at 12:28
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
Thats me im done at freeola gaming, you all have a great life thanks chris you had my back cheers for that mate, freeola good luck with this website goodbye to all from HALO :[
Tue 21/09/10 at 10:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ok think there is enough discussion now, and it's going nowhere. All have valid points (even if some are put across in the wrong manner).

To clarify:

When we say "you must have permission to use the content", we mean just that. You must have permission. Fairly easy rule, phrased to keep things simple.

When we say you must credit the owner this seems to often be misconceived as getting the owners permission. It is not.

You will notice on most reviews (or some) that the content writer suggests that they are fine with you using the review, as long as you credit them. Only then is it ok to post the content.

We do not generally chase the owner of the content to see if they have given permission or not, but we have done in the past and will do if needed.
Mon 20/09/10 at 16:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Garin wrote:
> Sonic Chris wrote:
> I don't make the rules, I just ensure they're followed.
>
> Oh Chris, you used to be cool. Now look at yourself!

I'm a man now. Have to start taking things a little more seriously ;D

@Hmmm

[b]In other news...[/b],

I'm only following the rules that I'm familiar with, and that I've seen staffies enforce themself. Again, if I'm wrong, well I apologise in advance, but there's obviously alot of conflicting rules across the forum that need to be changed. I'm in no position at all to question the rules, or change them to suit myself, I can only ensure the rules I'm given are followed. Would help if a staff member could cast abit of light over the rules regarding reviews from other sources. As far as I'm aware, this review is perfectly acceptable.

@Halo - No apology required, you should see how much hassle the staff get! ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.