GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction."

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction'.
Tue 14/09/10 at 16:31
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
splinter cel conviction .
Tue 21/09/10 at 15:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
Expect a more ship-shape review forum from now on Warhunt, now that I know the rules fully. Must've been pb who removed this originally.
Tue 21/09/10 at 09:56
Regular
ok thanx :)
Tue 21/09/10 at 09:52
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for clearing that up Warhunt.

FYI - The Halo Reach game copied from Gamespot might be worth looking at?
Unless you have an agreement with Gamespot, their terms state:

4. Intellectual Property; License
...you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, or create derivative works of the Services or Content without our permission...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 21/09/10 at 09:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm.... did not remove the review as you have suggested in your original post now Halo.

He does not have permission to do so for one, and probably would not do so anyway even if he could (you will learn this about him if you stick around long enough).

If a staffie removes the thread it is normally removed entirely, not just one post.

A quick check of the database tells me it was one of our user moderators who removed the post.

[b] To sum up - although we may allow reviews or posts using copied material, with credit to the original owner, we still have the right to remove them.

The original review owner expressly requested that the content not be used elsewhere without his permission. Crediting him is not his permission.
Sat 18/09/10 at 13:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Halo, I can assure you Hmmm was not trying to come across as rude. Your other review is fine. As for this review, I'm afraid I can't do anything about it.
Sat 18/09/10 at 11:34
Regular
hmmm you were quite rude. you knw and i just learned how to link stuff. chris can you check my halo reach review is that what im supposed to do. Thanx m8 happy 18th for earlyr ths week.
Sat 18/09/10 at 11:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ah you may have cleared this up Hmmm. I didn't see any credit given to the original author. Extremely misleading this review. I check most reviews, usually by taking the first line and the last line, and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I took it as A-Ok. Although I had a suspicion that some of it was copied. I even asked HM on FB what he thought.

As for Halo, you really need to explicitly state in future that some or all of the review has another person's material in it. I'm not making any accusations, but it could be construed as trying to cheat everyone else.
Sat 18/09/10 at 10:47
"Are you sure?"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Have not got a clue. Doesn't look like we're going to find out
> either.

The OP asked a few questions in this old thread - see 15/9/10 onwards.

I didn't (and can't on this forum as I'm a stranger around these parts!) remove it, but I guess a Staffie/Forum Mod saw what was going on and took action?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 17/09/10 at 17:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh just on and off the computer right now (sad I know :P). It's out of habit.

And cheers pete :)
Fri 17/09/10 at 16:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Moderating on your 18th birthday Chris ?.That is some serious dedication,I am impressed !

Happy Birthday mate :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.