GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Battlefield Bad Company 2"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'.
Thu 09/09/10 at 19:22
Regular
"MUFC"
Well my first review and i could only think of one game to write about.

Battlefield 2 is a fantastic piece of gaming magic. With a great campaign and an online multiplayer that takes some beating from rival games Battlefield 2 is just gleaming in brilliance.

When i purchased this game i was a modern warfare man through and through and thought that this would just be another slice of disappointing gaming on my hands, but oh how i was wrong.

The campaign is fun although maybe a tad on the short side for some peoples liking. Brilliant storyline all be it a little off reality but then that is what you want from a game is it not :-)
The dialogue is brilliant and the cut scenes help to break the levels out and help evolve the story. A couple of excellant suprises also await in the game such as the quad bike racing through the jungle which certainly tickled my fancy.

Now we get on to the serious part. ONLINE.

When i first played it felt so alien. Huge maps, Tanks, quads, Helicpoters, stationary weapons coming out of my ears and i thought to myself is this really the game for me. The answer that follows is a most definat Yes. with CoD serious there maybe one or 2 biggish maps but Battlefield is a real test of skill and knowledge. You certainly need your whits about you online. The size of the maps is brilliant and really makes you wish other games had the same.

The actual game modes such as Rush and Conquest are brilliant. Rush is a particular favourite of mine as with maps such as Arica Harbour you need to destroy or defend upto 12ish targets. Which makes the game last longer and gives you plenty of time to get your kills up and collect your pins and Insignia pins. Which i feel is a great extra of the game that other games dont really have. Also collecting dog tags has become a little hobby of mine, this is something that i think just adds to the realism of the game and that is what makes the game stand out compared to others. The realism is brilliant. The graphics are ace and the general gameplay will take some beating from its competitors.

That being said i will finish up by saying - GO AND GET THIS GAME, you will not regret it and it may make you think differently about what has the best online gaming experiance at the moment.

I score Battlefield a strong 8 out of 10
Mon 13/09/10 at 12:32
Regular
"THFC"
Yeah, a great review there Pavey!

Keep em coming and you will be in for a shot with winning your first prize i'm sure!
Mon 13/09/10 at 09:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nice starting review.

For future reference, make sure you add [GAME] to your thread title to follow the forum trend/rule.

I have done this for you now.
Thu 09/09/10 at 19:22
Regular
"MUFC"
Well my first review and i could only think of one game to write about.

Battlefield 2 is a fantastic piece of gaming magic. With a great campaign and an online multiplayer that takes some beating from rival games Battlefield 2 is just gleaming in brilliance.

When i purchased this game i was a modern warfare man through and through and thought that this would just be another slice of disappointing gaming on my hands, but oh how i was wrong.

The campaign is fun although maybe a tad on the short side for some peoples liking. Brilliant storyline all be it a little off reality but then that is what you want from a game is it not :-)
The dialogue is brilliant and the cut scenes help to break the levels out and help evolve the story. A couple of excellant suprises also await in the game such as the quad bike racing through the jungle which certainly tickled my fancy.

Now we get on to the serious part. ONLINE.

When i first played it felt so alien. Huge maps, Tanks, quads, Helicpoters, stationary weapons coming out of my ears and i thought to myself is this really the game for me. The answer that follows is a most definat Yes. with CoD serious there maybe one or 2 biggish maps but Battlefield is a real test of skill and knowledge. You certainly need your whits about you online. The size of the maps is brilliant and really makes you wish other games had the same.

The actual game modes such as Rush and Conquest are brilliant. Rush is a particular favourite of mine as with maps such as Arica Harbour you need to destroy or defend upto 12ish targets. Which makes the game last longer and gives you plenty of time to get your kills up and collect your pins and Insignia pins. Which i feel is a great extra of the game that other games dont really have. Also collecting dog tags has become a little hobby of mine, this is something that i think just adds to the realism of the game and that is what makes the game stand out compared to others. The realism is brilliant. The graphics are ace and the general gameplay will take some beating from its competitors.

That being said i will finish up by saying - GO AND GET THIS GAME, you will not regret it and it may make you think differently about what has the best online gaming experiance at the moment.

I score Battlefield a strong 8 out of 10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.