GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 how has it lasted more than 10 years?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/09/10 at 03:25
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
Why has the Playstation 2 produced by sony survived more than 10 years of gaming is it the wide selection of games, design of the console, price of the console itself roughly $128 in new zealand brand New from retailers?
Tue 15/02/11 at 08:50
Regular
its just classic no one can forget it, its like eating a bar of chocolate
Fri 24/12/10 at 18:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'd have to say the leap from PS2 to PS3 was far greater than PSone to PS2. The reason PS2 worked was simply because it dominated the market. The Xbox was it's only major competitor (counting out all the handheld consoles- Gameboy etc.) and the first Xbox had absolutely nothing on the PS2. With it's vast array of games for all ages, it familiar control layout from the PSone, the fact that it came off the back of the PSone, which was also a successful console, meant it did well. It has nothing to do with how much better the graphics were or anything, because to be honest, the PS2 really didn't push the boundaries too much (few gems- Shadow of the Colossus really blew me away) but apart from that, it was just released at the right time.
Fri 24/12/10 at 17:19
Regular
When I compare the games on Xbox 360 to its predecessor, I see a vast improvement in more than just loading speed and graphics...I would be disappointed if the PS3 doesn't give similar benefits...
Thu 23/12/10 at 17:37
Regular
"Hold it , Love it."
The reason it's lasted so long is that they got it right the second time out , and they wanted a machine that would last so they could make more games( in time ) to sell . In today's economy the PS2 can be bought for less than a new flashy slightly better gaming system. As far as I feel the newer machines are only slightly better. Ya , you get a little better graphics and slightly faster start up speed , but if thats all your getting for alot more money , then ....................well it makes more since to buy a PS2 and have money left over to buy games too.
Sat 11/09/10 at 16:58
Regular
I dunno...out of all the super-natural/mythological beings, I think being a vampire has its perks...and corsets...
Fri 10/09/10 at 18:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
Grown-ups are boring ;D

In the words of 'The Lost Boys', "Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire". All true, apart from the vampire bit.
Fri 10/09/10 at 17:25
Regular
Hehe - and I said in the other thread I've grown up...well I s'pose I have but I'm still aloud to have fun :D
Fri 10/09/10 at 17:14
Regular
"How Ironic"
You've just set my hormones on a rampage again. Well not you particularly, just the picture. Congratulations Edgy for an edgy link ;D
Fri 10/09/10 at 16:40
Regular
That just inspired me to google-image search 'brazillian friends'

Now the adult safe search was on and I can't say I was disappointed with the first image...

Not exactly sure why I actually spent the time searching that...
Fri 10/09/10 at 16:26
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nin wrote:
> On an interesting note, I was speaking to someone Brazilian
> earlier this year and they told me the PS2 only got released
> there last year due to import and tax costs.

So that's why I can't find my Brazillian friends on Xbox live :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.