GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best female artist ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/09/10 at 00:09
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
I would say janis joplin is the best female artist because of her amazing voice.
Thu 09/09/10 at 00:09
Regular
I would say janis joplin is the best female artist because of her amazing voice.
Thu 09/09/10 at 00:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
It's Nina Simone for me.
Thu 09/09/10 at 03:18
Regular
yes another role model to our new generation of female artists such as lady gaga
pink
rihanna
kate perry
who are also high achievers with awsome vocial talent,
others that feature in bands like Amy lee, avril Lavigne are very good singers in hignsight. but are blured by there bands.
Thu 09/09/10 at 07:06
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Halo moiser wrote:
> I would say janis joplin is the best female artist because of her
> amazing voice.

I have to agree Janis Joplin does have an amazing voice. I also like Connie Francis, Petula Clarke, Brenda Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Patsy Cline, Nancy Sinatra, Dionne Warwick. One of my all time favoutires has to be Karen Carpenter though.

All pure class singers in there own way.
Thu 09/09/10 at 09:47
"possibly impossible"
Probably impossible to pick just one as there are many genres and skills singers have, it would be like trying to pick the best car (speed, price, road handling etc).
Thu 09/09/10 at 13:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Vee wrote:
> One of my all time favoutires has to be Karen Carpenter though.

I was going to say Nina Simone until you reminded me of the most obvious choice. I'm not sure I'd class Karen Carpenter as an artist though, she's unquestionably my favourite singer but her brother was the creative one.

I think if you're talking in the purest terms, I'd have to go with Joni Mitchell.
Thu 09/09/10 at 13:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I am liking Lady Gaga at the moment. Surely looking back across the years that Britney or Christina have been in with a shout.

I am going to be a suck-up and say Diana Vickers...as I may be meeting her in a few weeks. I have no idea on what she sings though! :p
Thu 09/09/10 at 15:22
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
This is all subjective but how can you miss from any list of great female artists the clarity and power of voices belonging to Barbra Streisand and Shirley Bassey?

Not to mention the opera singers...
Thu 09/09/10 at 15:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
HM wrote:
> I am going to be a suck-up and say Diana Vickers...as I may be
> meeting her in a few weeks. I have no idea on what she sings
> though! :p

There's one about being shot, and another about a boy murdering love. I'll be honest, I tend to zone out when she comes on in the gym, I tend to focus more on her pins than her voice...
Thu 09/09/10 at 15:30
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think Butch...that is the same here...

I also laugh at "The Claw".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.