GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] SALT"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/10 at 23:47
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] SALT

Who is Salt? The tagline used for promotion, but after about 30 minutes of watching the film, I found it was pretty obvious who she was.

Angelina Jolie plays a CIA agent who has been taken by North Korea and then tortured for trying to discover the secrets of their nuclear weapons. She is then exchanged and brought back to America, the man who spent so much time and effort in sorting an exchange is a German man who marries her. The film then cuts to the present day where it is their anniversary. As Salt is about to leave for her romantic evening, a Russian man has entered the CIA headquarters, before leaving, Salt is asked to carry out a quick interrogation. The Russian man reveals a shocking piece of News, that a Russian spy is going to assassinate the Russian President while attending the Vice-President of America’s funeral. He reveals that the spy is named Evelyn Salt! Shocked at the news, Salt is held for questioning, but escapes to try ensure her husband is ok and save her name. Is Salt really a Russian spy, or has she been set up??

I was pretty impressed with the plot and how it pans out, there are a few twists in the film that i found to be predictable and not too shocking, but having seen a rather high volume of films, there are some subtle hints throughout that point to the outcome. It is well thought out and i enjoyed watching the film. There is plenty of action in hand to hand combat and some nice chase scenes.

Many of the scenes are over the top and Salt has been made into a super agent that seems indestructible, but being a lone agent against the FBI and CIA means you have to be somewhat of a unbeatable target if you want the film to last more than 45 minutes.

It is a film that is probably worth waiting and renting, i can’t see myself going back for more and watching it a second time. It has enough action to keep you going and the plot is thick enough to keep you interested throughout, but not so deep that you have to pay 100% to it. So overall it is a pretty easy watch that should provide enough enjoyment. There was potential for more, but enough has been put into the film. I guess you could say it is a bit like a poor man’s Bourne film, but it is good for a action / thriller, especially as i have not seen anything like it for a while.

6.5/10

Would have scored higher if the plot had some bigger twists, maybe some more intense action, but being a 12A, they have done what they could with it.
Thu 09/09/10 at 03:34
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
Very good review - not a highly enjoyable fim tho it was jumbled and angilena had seemed to of lost the case abit towards the end.

keep the excellent reviews comming.
Wed 08/09/10 at 23:47
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] SALT

Who is Salt? The tagline used for promotion, but after about 30 minutes of watching the film, I found it was pretty obvious who she was.

Angelina Jolie plays a CIA agent who has been taken by North Korea and then tortured for trying to discover the secrets of their nuclear weapons. She is then exchanged and brought back to America, the man who spent so much time and effort in sorting an exchange is a German man who marries her. The film then cuts to the present day where it is their anniversary. As Salt is about to leave for her romantic evening, a Russian man has entered the CIA headquarters, before leaving, Salt is asked to carry out a quick interrogation. The Russian man reveals a shocking piece of News, that a Russian spy is going to assassinate the Russian President while attending the Vice-President of America’s funeral. He reveals that the spy is named Evelyn Salt! Shocked at the news, Salt is held for questioning, but escapes to try ensure her husband is ok and save her name. Is Salt really a Russian spy, or has she been set up??

I was pretty impressed with the plot and how it pans out, there are a few twists in the film that i found to be predictable and not too shocking, but having seen a rather high volume of films, there are some subtle hints throughout that point to the outcome. It is well thought out and i enjoyed watching the film. There is plenty of action in hand to hand combat and some nice chase scenes.

Many of the scenes are over the top and Salt has been made into a super agent that seems indestructible, but being a lone agent against the FBI and CIA means you have to be somewhat of a unbeatable target if you want the film to last more than 45 minutes.

It is a film that is probably worth waiting and renting, i can’t see myself going back for more and watching it a second time. It has enough action to keep you going and the plot is thick enough to keep you interested throughout, but not so deep that you have to pay 100% to it. So overall it is a pretty easy watch that should provide enough enjoyment. There was potential for more, but enough has been put into the film. I guess you could say it is a bit like a poor man’s Bourne film, but it is good for a action / thriller, especially as i have not seen anything like it for a while.

6.5/10

Would have scored higher if the plot had some bigger twists, maybe some more intense action, but being a 12A, they have done what they could with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.