GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nothing wrong with Nintendo!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 12:01
Regular
Many people critisize Nintendo for the consoles and games they produce, just like with the N64. They call it 'out of date' or 'un-able to live up to great expectations' because it still uses plain old cartridges. But by doing this, Nintendo are proving that you don't need CD's or the latest high-tech gadgets and equiptment to create a top quality gaming system. Nintendo games (untill the GameCube) have always run on cartridges from the start, and have always come up with fun and enjoyable gaming ideas for people of any age. When I got my NES for christmas at the age of 5, I was addicted for the whole day, and virtually missed my food and familly! My mum and dad even became highly addicted to the origional Mario game, spending hours after work, even as I tried to sleep, fighting their ways towards the end of the game. And they didn't come too far off of it!!

Just look at the facts, Nintendo kept their games running on cartridges for at least 5 years after Sega gave up on the idea!! They haven't needed to release CD's for top quality games. Just look at 'Zelda: Ocarina of time' on the N64, many have claimed this, or 'Majora's Mask', to be the greatest computer game, on any format, to be created!! Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Conkers Bad Fur Day are other examples of great gaming titles. And what do they all have in common??? They all run on cartridges, not CD's!!! So, with the GameCube games running on 8cm CD's, the quality should be even greater!!! Just imagine the possibilities!!!

Look at the GameBoys. Compare all the world-wide sales with every other console ever created, and you'll see the GameBoy miles above the rest, and YES it runs on cartridges!!! The GameBoy will never be forgotten as long as Nintendo keeps to it's tradition, and neither should any other of the Nintendo consoles be forgotten!!

People also critisize every console for it's 'kiddy image'. Yes certain games are aimed at kids, and created so they'll suit a younger audience. But what's kiddy about a foul-mouthed squirrel, secret agents trying to save the world, or young warriors on highly dangerous adventures and quests??? This kiddy image is used to attract a younger audience, aswell as making the games enjoyable for older people.

I say people who critisize Nintendo consoles should actually go out and play one for the first time, and then see what the REALL think of it afterwards!!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:09
True. There is nothing wrong with Nintendo.
Sat 24/11/01 at 16:44
righly said strafex!!!!!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:51
Regular
Pretty much, Nintendo players tend to be gamers who like a good game whether it be cutesy graphics, or a more violent "adult" theme providing the game is good.

We get the best range from the fun likes of Pikmin and Monkey Ball to the deadly serious Eernal Darkness and Perfect Dark.

Because many PS2 owners shun these wonderful but "un-violent" games, they like to think that they're more "grown up" when they're the babyish ones because they're choosing their games based on how old it makes them feel rather than how good the game is.
Sat 24/11/01 at 12:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Many people critisize Nintendo for the consoles and games they produce, just like with the N64. They call it 'out of date' or 'un-able to live up to great expectations' because it still uses plain old cartridges. But by doing this, Nintendo are proving that you don't need CD's or the latest high-tech gadgets and equiptment to create a top quality gaming system. Nintendo games (untill the GameCube) have always run on cartridges from the start, and have always come up with fun and enjoyable gaming ideas for people of any age. When I got my NES for christmas at the age of 5, I was addicted for the whole day, and virtually missed my food and familly! My mum and dad even became highly addicted to the origional Mario game, spending hours after work, even as I tried to sleep, fighting their ways towards the end of the game. And they didn't come too far off of it!!

Just look at the facts, Nintendo kept their games running on cartridges for at least 5 years after Sega gave up on the idea!! They haven't needed to release CD's for top quality games. Just look at 'Zelda: Ocarina of time' on the N64, many have claimed this, or 'Majora's Mask', to be the greatest computer game, on any format, to be created!! Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Conkers Bad Fur Day are other examples of great gaming titles. And what do they all have in common??? They all run on cartridges, not CD's!!! So, with the GameCube games running on 8cm CD's, the quality should be even greater!!! Just imagine the possibilities!!!

Look at the GameBoys. Compare all the world-wide sales with every other console ever created, and you'll see the GameBoy miles above the rest, and YES it runs on cartridges!!! The GameBoy will never be forgotten as long as Nintendo keeps to it's tradition, and neither should any other of the Nintendo consoles be forgotten!!

People also critisize every console for it's 'kiddy image'. Yes certain games are aimed at kids, and created so they'll suit a younger audience. But what's kiddy about a foul-mouthed squirrel, secret agents trying to save the world, or young warriors on highly dangerous adventures and quests??? This kiddy image is used to attract a younger audience, aswell as making the games enjoyable for older people.

I say people who critisize Nintendo consoles should actually go out and play one for the first time, and then see what the REALL think of it afterwards!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.