GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] Grown Ups"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/10 at 23:53
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] Grown Ups

Happy Madison have produced many fine films in the past years. I have been a big fan of Adam Sandler for a while and seeing him thrown into a mix with some other great comedy actors, such as Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade and a load more.

I have been looking forward to this film for a while and am more than happy to say that i enjoyed this film as much as i had hoped and will be looking forward to watching it again when released on DVD. The films starts with a group of young friends playing in a basketball championship final. United by their coach and winning the game, after clinching the trophy, they head to a lake with their families to enjoy their victory and take on some wise words of wisdom from their coach.

25 years later, the friends have gone their own ways and are doing their own things. Adam Sandler has become a wealthy agent for some of the biggest stars, with a glamorous wife and a nanny for his spoilt kids, when he hears of the death of his coach he is quickly reminded of the times with his old friends, and when he arrives at the funeral, they are all reunited and reminisce about the old times they spent together. Having grown up and gone their own ways, living very different lives, they all decide to spend a weekend at the lake where they had been after their championship night. Eager to show his kids how to have fun without video games and the luxuries they are used to, the grown ups act of some of their favourite past times when they were kids. This of course leads to a lot of outrageous moments which brings all the friends close together again.

The story has no real twists or anything new in the way of comedy, with much of it being physical comedy, it is still a very enjoyable watch and it might touch some of you to thinking about what you used to do when you were kids and how things change. It does not re-invent the comedy genre or do anything which you will not have seen before from the various stars within it, but you will find yourself enjoying the antics they get up to. It is a easy watch that you can see several times and still enjoy. Of course there are those of you who will maybe find it predictable, immature and generally not funny, because we all have different tastes, but for me it was a good watch and one of Sandler’s better ones in the past few years.

I would suggest going to the cinema to see it, as it is a feel good film with a variety of jokes, physical comedy and the usual personal abuse towards Rob Schnieder. Plus there are a couple of very good looking women who add to the enjoyable on screen experience! There is no real depth to the film but it kept me laughing all the way through and any fans of the actors within will really enjoy it.

There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 07/09/10 at 23:53
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] Grown Ups

Happy Madison have produced many fine films in the past years. I have been a big fan of Adam Sandler for a while and seeing him thrown into a mix with some other great comedy actors, such as Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade and a load more.

I have been looking forward to this film for a while and am more than happy to say that i enjoyed this film as much as i had hoped and will be looking forward to watching it again when released on DVD. The films starts with a group of young friends playing in a basketball championship final. United by their coach and winning the game, after clinching the trophy, they head to a lake with their families to enjoy their victory and take on some wise words of wisdom from their coach.

25 years later, the friends have gone their own ways and are doing their own things. Adam Sandler has become a wealthy agent for some of the biggest stars, with a glamorous wife and a nanny for his spoilt kids, when he hears of the death of his coach he is quickly reminded of the times with his old friends, and when he arrives at the funeral, they are all reunited and reminisce about the old times they spent together. Having grown up and gone their own ways, living very different lives, they all decide to spend a weekend at the lake where they had been after their championship night. Eager to show his kids how to have fun without video games and the luxuries they are used to, the grown ups act of some of their favourite past times when they were kids. This of course leads to a lot of outrageous moments which brings all the friends close together again.

The story has no real twists or anything new in the way of comedy, with much of it being physical comedy, it is still a very enjoyable watch and it might touch some of you to thinking about what you used to do when you were kids and how things change. It does not re-invent the comedy genre or do anything which you will not have seen before from the various stars within it, but you will find yourself enjoying the antics they get up to. It is a easy watch that you can see several times and still enjoy. Of course there are those of you who will maybe find it predictable, immature and generally not funny, because we all have different tastes, but for me it was a good watch and one of Sandler’s better ones in the past few years.

I would suggest going to the cinema to see it, as it is a feel good film with a variety of jokes, physical comedy and the usual personal abuse towards Rob Schnieder. Plus there are a couple of very good looking women who add to the enjoyable on screen experience! There is no real depth to the film but it kept me laughing all the way through and any fans of the actors within will really enjoy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.