GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube will rule, X-box will suck!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 16:33
Regular
I have to say that the GameCube will be the greatest console out of all 3 of them. And it will also probably be named as the greatest console of all time. Look at how successfull Nintendo have been over the years, from the NES to the N64, and soon to be the GameCube. The GameBoy is also the best selling console of all time, partly because it's hand-held and portable. But Sega made the GameGear to compete, and that went straight back down the drain as no real competitor. Sony have made the PSone portable also to try and compete with the GameBoy, instead of the GameCube or N64. But they also release the PS2 to basically replace the PS and PSone, especially as you can play their games on the giant sized PS2. What's the point in that??? Replacing one of your own consoles, still in gaming production, with something even more powerfull, and 10 times bigger!! It's come along all too soon, and of course TOO BIG if you ask me.

The X-box, made by Microsoft. You're immeadiatly lead to think: 'Bill Gates, lots of money, PC's, it must be great!!' I don't think it will be! The only way the X-box will win is if it's all decided ONLY on graphical effects in the games. Looking at the size of the chunky controllers, and the number of exclusive titles/series' (1, ODDWORLDS, "LOL!!") it doesn't seem like 'the box' is gunna be any better than the others. And how many exclusives does the PS2 have??? Only a few, but still more than the X-box, but Sony's number is limited due to the fact that many of the games are being released on both PS2 and X-box. So, as you can see, the GameCube is looking better and better, keeping Mario, Zelda, and co. as Nintendo exclusives, and along with the GameBoy Advance, taking the responsabilities of Sonic and Resident Evil away from their closest rivals, and improving them in their own way!!

Looking at the PS2 contollers, why do you need 2 sticks??? Is it one for each arm or leg?? The GameCube does this aswell, I KNOW, but one replaces the C-buttons from the N64, making it easier to view your surroundings, or make use of those back-up items you're carrying. And with everything from the N64's controller on the GameCube's, the favoured style will still be there, but even better!!! And awaitng the next Zelda or Perfect Dark adventure is much more desireable than awaiting ANOTHER Final Fantasy, or Max Payne, in 'super-realistic graphical effects'!!!

The PS2 costs £200-300, X-box should be £300, and it could be only £200 or less for the GameCube with only £40 per game!! This is definitley going to have some effect on WHY the GameCube will sit happily, above the rest.
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:05
Hurrah for Gamecube!!!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:04
Gamecube will be klass. Now with Sega joined with Nintendo they are even better!!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Gamecube will rule.

Xbox will also be great.

Do some reading up on the console before you go around and say how bad it is...

Oh, and if your response is "I have been reading up on it," then maybe the words are falling on deaf ears?

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I have to say that the GameCube will be the greatest console out of all 3 of them. And it will also probably be named as the greatest console of all time. Look at how successfull Nintendo have been over the years, from the NES to the N64, and soon to be the GameCube. The GameBoy is also the best selling console of all time, partly because it's hand-held and portable. But Sega made the GameGear to compete, and that went straight back down the drain as no real competitor. Sony have made the PSone portable also to try and compete with the GameBoy, instead of the GameCube or N64. But they also release the PS2 to basically replace the PS and PSone, especially as you can play their games on the giant sized PS2. What's the point in that??? Replacing one of your own consoles, still in gaming production, with something even more powerfull, and 10 times bigger!! It's come along all too soon, and of course TOO BIG if you ask me.

The X-box, made by Microsoft. You're immeadiatly lead to think: 'Bill Gates, lots of money, PC's, it must be great!!' I don't think it will be! The only way the X-box will win is if it's all decided ONLY on graphical effects in the games. Looking at the size of the chunky controllers, and the number of exclusive titles/series' (1, ODDWORLDS, "LOL!!") it doesn't seem like 'the box' is gunna be any better than the others. And how many exclusives does the PS2 have??? Only a few, but still more than the X-box, but Sony's number is limited due to the fact that many of the games are being released on both PS2 and X-box. So, as you can see, the GameCube is looking better and better, keeping Mario, Zelda, and co. as Nintendo exclusives, and along with the GameBoy Advance, taking the responsabilities of Sonic and Resident Evil away from their closest rivals, and improving them in their own way!!

Looking at the PS2 contollers, why do you need 2 sticks??? Is it one for each arm or leg?? The GameCube does this aswell, I KNOW, but one replaces the C-buttons from the N64, making it easier to view your surroundings, or make use of those back-up items you're carrying. And with everything from the N64's controller on the GameCube's, the favoured style will still be there, but even better!!! And awaitng the next Zelda or Perfect Dark adventure is much more desireable than awaiting ANOTHER Final Fantasy, or Max Payne, in 'super-realistic graphical effects'!!!

The PS2 costs £200-300, X-box should be £300, and it could be only £200 or less for the GameCube with only £40 per game!! This is definitley going to have some effect on WHY the GameCube will sit happily, above the rest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.