GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the GBA what we all wanted"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 14:19
Regular
With the move into next generation console gaming, handheld gaming is taking a massive step up in terms of graphics and processing power. I am one of the many Europeans who purchased a Game Boy Advance on release, and playing it for the first time, on Tony Hawks 2, I thought it was amazing. However, the shortage of decent games over the following months did worry me, but then along came Mario Kart and my worries were done away with. However, the release schedule for the coming months is worrying, and with the fairly un-revolutionary technology, will it cut the butter?
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:28
Regular
"Digging!"
i say buy eck vs sever. it is great.
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Dont all the add on lights run off the GBA's batteries anyway?
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
Because the
> batteries would have lasted about 5 minutes, instead of 15 hours.

It could have been optional?

You could have turned it on/off manually?
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:32
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Slaveunit wrote:
> a backlight would have been nice.....and they knew that
> from the start that we
> all wanted one.

I wonder why it wasnt part of
> the package?

Because the batteries would have lasted about 5 minutes, instead of 15 hours.
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Slaveunit wrote:
> a backlight would have been nice.....and they knew that from the start that we
> all wanted one.

I wonder why it wasnt part of the package?
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
a backlight would have been nice.....and they knew that from the start that we all wanted one.
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Logic Blue wrote:
> With the move into next generation console gaming, handheld gaming is taking a
> massive step up in terms of graphics and processing power.

I always thought Nintendo made quite a conservative jump? ...

Still, I suppose, the GB was hardly cutting edge when that was originally released...???
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
"not dead"
Heve you seen the Sabre Wulf video?

Download it from Rare's site and have no fears about the quality of games coming to the GBA.
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:19
Regular
"listen to the maste"
With the move into next generation console gaming, handheld gaming is taking a massive step up in terms of graphics and processing power. I am one of the many Europeans who purchased a Game Boy Advance on release, and playing it for the first time, on Tony Hawks 2, I thought it was amazing. However, the shortage of decent games over the following months did worry me, but then along came Mario Kart and my worries were done away with. However, the release schedule for the coming months is worrying, and with the fairly un-revolutionary technology, will it cut the butter?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.