GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone remember Elite? I've gotta get a copy........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/08/00 at 21:55
Regular
What an absolute classic!

This fantastic space trading/shoot-em-up game was light years ahead of anything else when it first appeared on BBC format.

Over the years I managed to get a copy on all the machines I had, the trusty Speccy, Commodore and onto Amiga's. Disaster struck when I recently fancied a trip down memory lane and dug out the old Amiga 500, dusted it off and went to load up the game. DISK CORRUPTED!!!! I never managed to get a PC CDROM version and even went as far as contacting the manufacturers, who no longer have a master copy.

Anyone out there willing to part with a copy please respond to this or email me at [email protected].

Ahhhh nostalga......
Tue 26/09/00 at 10:12
"possibly impossible"
I've got a CD with a spectrum emulator and lots of games (legal, as they are so old) including elite. If you want one I can post it to you. Just contact me at [email protected]
Mon 25/09/00 at 00:02
You could try an emulator with a copy of Elite for it. The Spectrum version is good and the emulator is easy to find. GO to www.vintagegaming.com for more on emulators.
Sun 27/08/00 at 19:40
Regular
www.theunderdogs.org

Ever heard of abandonware? Thats when a game is so old that people put it on a website for download. This is the best website you will find.
Thu 24/08/00 at 13:35
Yes I remember it,I played it on the Atari 520. It was a 'copy' my brother gave me. Was'nt most excellent going to the different planets and trying make a profit buying and selling things. I always tried to be a goodie too shoes but always ended up a fugitive !!.
Unfortunatly can't help you with a copy though, good luck with the search.
Sun 20/08/00 at 21:55
What an absolute classic!

This fantastic space trading/shoot-em-up game was light years ahead of anything else when it first appeared on BBC format.

Over the years I managed to get a copy on all the machines I had, the trusty Speccy, Commodore and onto Amiga's. Disaster struck when I recently fancied a trip down memory lane and dug out the old Amiga 500, dusted it off and went to load up the game. DISK CORRUPTED!!!! I never managed to get a PC CDROM version and even went as far as contacting the manufacturers, who no longer have a master copy.

Anyone out there willing to part with a copy please respond to this or email me at [email protected].

Ahhhh nostalga......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.